Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roostyamates

Reaction score
anyone on here know much about Terra Motos?
Are they any good? have they discontinued making them, if so why ?

I'm sure rotn50 has seen a few of the Terra Motos

i cant find any where to buy spare parts in aus.. can any one help me ? the one im looking at buying slips 3rd gear and if i cant replace it i wont bother buying it

Terra moto is the second generation thumpstar.
Copied this straight off the thumpstar website.

Thumpstar was established in Australia  by Timothy Hunter in 2004, he signed with a Taiwanese Company to help build the bikes and used a Manufacturing Plant in China and it all took off from there. Selling over 35,000 Thumpstars in 13 months and having dealers in over 20 countries, the success was short lived due to many counterfeit Thumpstar’s and problems with some of the dealer’s in other countries, things then came crashing down. Tim then decided to start fresh with Terra Moto, which by this stage everyone else was is in on the Mini Moto Pit Bike craze and brand just didn’t take off like Thumpstar.

Early 2010 Hornet Industries PTY LTD gave life back to Thumpstar, with two important goals, 1. high quality and 2. competitive pricing.

Basically the brand was a flop. Spare parts will be impossible to find. Unless theyre the same as another bike out of china.

It'd just be a Ducar or Lifan 125 ?
What's the enigine code stamped into the case below the sprocket ?

And a brand new Lifan 125 engine is only about $230 inc delivery

not sure of the engine code but will try find out.
pretty sure they run a Jialing Engine, well thats what i found online, i will put up a pic of the bike, i think if i can get a gear box replacement it wouldn't be bad for $200

I reckon that engine isn't the same as the Jialing 125 that i've seen, it has a front clutch.
But i'd say there were a few different model's of them too

i cant find spare parts for these either, would be pointless buying the bike unless i put another motor in it

It is a generic China 125cc engine, looks like an old Lifan
you'll need the engine model number to get a better idea on which china company made it, like i mentioned in post #6

Yeah I have asked just thought I may try my luck and ask anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they do look similar! What sort of motor is yours ?
I just want to know what sort it is before I buy it so I can be sure I can get the parts it needs to be fixed..

hmmm try out motorbikecity in ferntree gully vic, or any others, they did stock them once upon a time!

Okay I will give them a try, a few years ago that's for sure.. Anyone know what year these stopped getting made ?

Latest posts

Back