Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
So I've been scoping out the pitbike sites for a while. Decided a few people would be around home todays so I put up that I was after a new motor, something decent. Some guy messaged me said he had a 160yx fully running, all gears, he has a big bike now and wants to get ride of it as his lad keeps trying to get on it and he was worried it might fall on him. Sounded genuine was asking $200 so I rocked up and said how about $170 to cover the petrol, yeah mate no worries! So was missing rear axle, which I have two of, chucked on in. Cleaned out the carby as the jets were gunked up. He said he had lent it to a mate and it came back with a ripped airfilter and a flat back tyre and thats how its sat for about a year.

Cleaned the carby and she fired right up :thumbup:

So now I finally have a 'REAL' motor....now to decide which bike its going in...im thinking the PitPro 2008, should finish that build off nicely. then when I get the 150 back it can go in the foxico bigwheel!!

BTW Blender I think it may have to be

Stu's Used PitPro Dealership

Nice score, but guess what?
That's not a YX160....

Yeah you have one better, it's a Z155HO or Z160Ho, should be stamped on the barrel or head somewhere.

So it'll have a better ratio gearbox, 6 plate clutch etc
Now i need to get my Z155HO going to be able to keep up with you.
Reckon you should chuck it in the Foxico, and 150 Lifan in the Pitpro.

That my friend is a 155z or 160ho.... awesome find! if it still kicks back when you try to start it... youve basically got a brand new 600 dollar engine and you paid 200 for the whole lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a score!!!

Yeah sorry its the 160 pitster pro motor!! Not a YX....thing goes hard...tried to throw me off the back in the driveway...I may have been trying to wheelie, makes it far easier with the 160 :thumbup:

I didnt really want the whole bike but he said just take the whole thing he has a big bike now and was going to fix it up and sell it up guess I just came along at the right time!!

Its all good now I can throw a 125 into that frame, swap swingarms to the crappy pitpro one, put the worst set of tyres on it and flog it off for $400 on facebook :thumbup: then I'm actually ahead!! Woo woo....yeah I dunno why they keep being pitpros, just one of those things I guess....but its good cause I just got the axle off the floor and chucked it straight into that back wheel!!

you need the 6 plate clutch basket not the 5 dont you craig? think i asked you already but cant remember... get that going well stu and it will be a blast :) and you can always sell a bike and buy the tb hi comp piston when it needs a re build ;)

That my friend is a 155z or 160ho.... awesome find! if it still kicks back when you try to start it... youve basically got a brand new 600 dollar engine and you paid 200 for the whole lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a score!!!

oh yeah its kicks back alright..... :thumbup:

So SO SO much louder than the 125 and just mean!!

Thats all I can find on the head.....But she'll get a good clean tomorrow!! Exhaust from the bigwheel pitpro slipped straight on with the springs!! Its now complete...well not for long but, all it needs is one of my 125s in it and change teh pogo shocks for something not pogo and its good to sell....or maybe Ill leave the pogo shocks on there...and keep the good ones!

Yeah Z160HO.

i just need the 6 plate basket as a minimum, then i'm good to go hopefully
the clutch plates still look new, might add some HD springs to it while i'm at it.
I'll talk him round tassy Stu,
67mm bore and piston Ftw

Yeah Z160HO.

the clutch plates still look new, might add some HD springs to it while i'm at it.
67mm bore and piston Ftw

Yeah I remember you saying that those motors have a lot of room to move!! Sweet, the guy was really nice too messaged me after to make sure I got it running. He was happy its gone to a good home :thumbup: and you always know when people are like that they're not selling you junk!! Just have to sell something else first! Big day of bike fixing tomorrow, hopefully I can get something posted up and sold by the end of this week, then I'll have enough to buy that flat slide off of you Craig!!

I like that I can now pull a carby down and 'clean it out' properly, ie I know what to look for! Not sure if you would think its a great idea but all I had was inox so I cleaned it out with that!! Lots of bull dust came out. The main wasnt to bad, a little blocked up, the Pilot had a big load of gunk on it though!

Last edited:
Yeah Z160HO.

67mm bore and piston Ftw
are you running h/c piston on yours craig? sa stu you have 6 months to turn that into a 190cc plus ball tearer

Mine would be running the standard 10.7/1? Piston now.
I'll be porting the head and upping the springs too for now, possibly a better cam?
My budget won't allow for a TB V2

you definitely got a great buy,AGAIN lol

Yep time to START SELLING!!! Not just buying more and more and more....I seem to have a decent parts stock in PitPro 14/12 now...funny about that.....The shocks are done so badly though, bit of a pitty(no pun intended) as I got another pair of 740s that will fit in the same triples as the rest of them!

Mine would be running the standard 10.7/1? Piston now.
I'll be porting the head and upping the springs too for now, possibly a better cam?
My budget won't allow for a TB V2

Yay I've inspired Craig.... :thumbup: I think miniriders should let you give reps to yourself....I mean you can self like on Facebook and all!

So I checked for play in the bits coming out of the engine so there was no play in the gears or the sprocket :thumbup: but a little play in the kickstarter which is about gone...definitely needs to be replace ASAP. Sure I can now cover that as long as its the same size as one of my others! :)

Didnt even go through the gears until I came home. Pops nicely up and down from 1st to 4th :thumbup: bit of a sigh of relief...and I almost ordered a RH crankcase for the lifan last night...that would have SUCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back