"The Decision"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McDo

Reaction score
I really had my mind set on buying a DHZ , mid year or end of the year, but my mates at school, who know a lot about motorbikes, are telling me that they are pointless to buy?

I need to know the details of what pit bikes really are, should i save up and buy a good Honda? Or should i spend my money on a nice little pit bike to mess around on.

If i do get a larger bike, i'd be doing Enduro with my friends, if not, i'd probably get a pit bike to mess around with on their property.

Also, apparently pit bikes are bad quality, and break easily.
Have horrible suspension
And have a short life-span (which is something i DO NOT want :angry-smiley-013:)

Someone please help me out here, give me information that will make me lesser regret my opinion on pit bikes, anything that can help me out.

Thanks, Daniel.

that is the general misconception held against china bikes, usually by those who have to much money and no mechanical sense. China pitbikes are no different to jap bikes, as in if you dont service them regularly they will **** up real quick. If you service your dhz, or any other china bike, and dont push the limits beyond what the bike was designed for, they are quite reliable. basically, dont try to jump a 50 ft gap on a 500 dollar ebay bike lol.
the dhz would be a great bike for you, just follow the service requirements for your bike, like oil change, lock tight the bolts etc etc. there are plenty of threads on here about how to make your china last you.

It all depends on what brand you buy. DHZ is a very reputable brand, and I've only heard good things about their products and bikes. The suspension on Chinese pit bikes is a bit different though. Bikes that come with USD (upside down) forks have much better ride comfort and handle jumps alot better. The normal conventional forks are just terrible and should be avoided at all costs. If you get the DHZ Outlaw, it comes with GPX Black Label Adjustable front forks, and a DNM Adjustables rear shock. Bother very decent items, whilst I've never used GPX Black Labels, I've used DNM shocks and they are pretty good for the money.

But honestly if your planning on doing enduro with your frinds, and especially if they have full size bikes, it might be worth getting a full size bike. Whether it be a Chinese or Japanese branded bike, it should hold up to some pretty decent trails. I have taken my 250 in some pretty full on places, and it gets through, albeit a bit slower than some of the Japanese branded counterparts.

You should have a look at what type of riding your doing, and let that decide what kind of bike you buy.

It all depends on what brand you buy. DHZ is a very reputable brand, and I've only heard good things about their products and bikes. The suspension on Chinese pit bikes is a bit different though. Bikes that come with USD (upside down) forks have much better ride comfort and handle jumps alot better. The normal conventional forks are just terrible and should be avoided at all costs. If you get the DHZ Outlaw, it comes with GPX Black Label Adjustable front forks, and a DNM Adjustables rear shock. Bother very decent items, whilst I've never used GPX Black Labels, I've used DNM shocks and they are pretty good for the money.

But honestly if your planning on doing enduro with your frinds, and especially if they have full size bikes, it might be worth getting a full size bike. Whether it be a Chinese or Japanese branded bike, it should hold up to some pretty decent trails. I have taken my 250 in some pretty full on places, and it gets through, albeit a bit slower than some of the Japanese branded counterparts.

You should have a look at what type of riding your doing, and let that decide what kind of bike you buy.

I was intending on doing that for a few years, but i would never come close to getting that type of money.
Only thing to do is to wait for when i'm 16 so i can do VCAL in school and do some trade work for money. But, even then i'd have to save only $50 a week so i can use the rest of it for other things.

Last edited:
Honestly mate I have both a pitsterpro lxr and a yz290f and to be honest the yz is awesome if you want just spastic power and Do massive jumps without killing yourself
But in all honestly I like riding my Lxr more then my Yz
Yes the yz is fun but you can't beat going out with a bunch of mates and trying I tackle obstacles that you would never try on the big bikes for fear of getting crushed.
And plus if you get an outlaw 160 then put a TB 184 and v2 head on it
All I can say is hold on to it tight. Or for a bit more fun give your mates that think pit bikes are "junk" a go and watch them have fun trying to control it.

Honestly mate I have both a pitsterpro lxr and a yz290f and to be honest the yz is awesome if you want just spastic power and Do massive jumps without killing yourself
But in all honestly I like riding my Lxr more then my Yz
Yes the yz is fun but you can't beat going out with a bunch of mates and trying I tackle obstacles that you would never try on the big bikes for fear of getting crushed.
And plus if you get an outlaw 160 then put a TB 184 and v2 head on it
All I can say is hold on to it tight. Or for a bit more fun give your mates that think pit bikes are "junk" a go and watch them have fun trying to control it.

Even though i haven't got the slightest clue what that is, i'm guessing it would make a pit bike one hell of a bike, thanks dude!

the tb184 kit is a big bore kit that increases the displacement of your engine. the v2 head is also a tb product, and allowes for more fuel and air flow, thereby increasing power. from what i have read the tb kitted engines are very close to the daytona 190 4 valve, and that engine is a absolute monster!!!!

Latest posts

Back