The holley 465 predicament...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this the reg you are running?

$T2eC16VHJIYFHOGW8h4IBR47Vk6ZsQ~~60_35.JPG

they are a standard gas thread setup, 3/8" NPT
you can buy a reducer for them, down to 1/8" NPT (most gauges run this thread) from Repco etc, or any Enzed etc for a few $.

41kkvxlWv8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, this thread kinda went zombie. the old man broke his hand a bit, so slowed work on the car a bit, lol. So the other idea we had a stange idea. What if we advance timing a tad? it could have a stretched timing chain?? so we advanced it slightly and no. it didnt like that too much. so then we got adventurous, and.....i know...retarded it a tad....
Honestly, we have no clue as to why this worked, or why. but now it revs cleanly, quicker, and smoother than ever before. its got us both stumped. how would retarding the timing make it run better at all ??? who knows lol. but all our problems are solved...for now. i did the mixtures this arfternoon, and now shes running great.

There was also another thing. the filter between the tank and pump was sduper clogged. we unclogged it and the note of the pump changed dramatically. it stayed at an even rpm, and between that and the slightly reatarded timing, its all good now.really surprised us i tell ya!

when a timing chain stretch's it advances the timing.

Latest posts

Back