The I'm just doing thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New free to for helping a friend out just needs a gear and it's all set can't wait to ride ituploadfromtaptalk1459834329983.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459834346690.jpg

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to work on the mini dirt bike project but the GF is on me about working around the house today. Sux.

Just got home from the track , it was too wet to ride so I threw a bit of dirt around to maintain the jumps

Just got home from the first 1/2 day of doing my Motorcycle L's
I chose the 2014 XT250, but i must admit i'm not a fan of the soft front end, or even the injected engine
Guess you'd get used to it soon enough.

yamaha-xt250-1_600x0w.jpg

Yeah when i was doing the braking practice/training the fork's would compress half way or more, and that was just stopping from about 15km/h in under 2 metre's.
Throttle's were so touchy too, you had to constantly be riding the clutch to keep it from jerking, something i'm not used to.
We didn't get to open them up but my Daytona feel's like it has more torque, the rear wheel on the XT was a lot bigger than a pit bikes' 12 " though

One guy dropped his Suzuki GN250 road bike doing the tight corner's, smashed the mirror glass and put a few scratch's on the bike

The 10 people in the class were mainly older guy's, there were 2 lad's in their early 20's and one girl in her early 20's

My uncle also did the course with me today (early 50's) , he's never ridden a bike before and got though it all fine.
I was struggling a bit due to lack of sleep, wife was snoring bad last night so i couldn't get to sleep.
I remember looking at the clock this morning at 5 thinking sh!t i need to be up in an hour.
Also i have a bad ear infection atm too, it's throbbing like a b!tch atm
Doctor finally gave me antibiotic's for it on tuesday after having me wait for over 3 month's !! :frustrated:

Last edited:
Passed the practical today.
Now all i need to do is take the paperwork to motor reg and pay for my Learner's permit :thumbup:
Oh, and get a Lams approved bike, apparently my Yamaha IT200 has too many horse's for a learner, but an IT465 (0.3842 HP/kg) or IT490 (0.2800 HP/kg) doesn't ?

Finally bought some decent sprocket bolts for the mini's and a new chain for the 110. Time to whip these two into shape for next months race.

Mowing the grass , and struggling to move this trampoline I brought the kids
I didn't think at the time when I bought it that I would be moving it everytime I mowed :ballchain:

Latest posts

Back