the missus bike.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey dude, my bike and my brothers and my mates all sit a little higher cause where we ride is rutted out and quite rocky more so than flat stuff, heres a pic of the bike and the angle does not affect anything but grounded a tiny bit off the bottom of the case(bugger all). my front forks are 730mm but as you can see there is about 70mm above the top triple clamp, looking good mate, and im with you and carlts i feel better knowing that when we build, s#@t is everywhere, you do need patience but mate as you are tackling 2 builds at once and stuff can get hectic, keep up the good stuff buddy.sorry bout the thumbnail pic just didnt want to railroad your build with a full size pic of mine:)

LOL thats so true i think most of us are like that when we get stuck into a build i know i am tools everywhere and cant find anything :frustrated: let a loan 2 builds at the same time . Your doing well and keep the pics coming.

Last edited:
ok so i got excited an forgot to take progress pics... but this is the atomik now its finished...
PB090146.jpg

PB090145.jpg

and as for the actual bike this thread is about.... Carlts your a genius mate thanks again.. 20mm shorter was perfect.... ... so things i did: swapped shock, swapped forks, fitted rear brake, plastics, protapers, levers and throttle.... things i need to put on: new stainless exhaust, bash plate, foot pegs, chain and front sprocket.... and blue dress up kit..
this is how it sits atm..

PB090147.jpg

Sweet as mate! Bikes are looking trick and that swinger is sitting beautifully now :) Amazing how such a small amount makes a huge difference, at one stage my bike sat like this lol:

FrameProblem.jpg

Keep the progress rolling :)

ok so got more of the white bike finished today... exhaust, bash plate and foot pegs.. and after all that the missus was excited to see it almost complete and asked to kick it over.. so put fuel in it and choke on... first kick and it fired... thats when i heard the ticking..... :/ so now im wondering whats happened during the build cause the ticking wasnt there before.... the only other thing is once i turned off the choke and twisted the throttle the engine bogged down.. sounded like it was starved of something and im thinking fuel... so think i might throw on a carbi i got lying around and see if that makes a difference..... will post pics up tomorrow of how it looks now..

Sweet as mate! Bikes are looking trick and that swinger is sitting beautifully now :) Amazing how such a small amount makes a huge difference, at one stage my bike sat like this lol:

FrameProblem.jpg

Keep the progress rolling :)

now im seeing how you knew what to do so quick... cheers again mate..

Both bikes looking good hope you sort your dramas out soon

cheers Rodney, took out the 150 today all it wanted to do was wheel stand with the new roller...bbbuuuuttt hit another hurdle... seems the back break locks on after a while of riding.. then once it cools off can ride it again... so thinking i will need to trouble shoot that over the next couple days too....

just an update on these bikes.. @rodney68 it turned out the disc was warped and rubbing on the pad. so once it heated up it just locked on.. but got a new disc and problem solved.

and as for the white bike.. i got it running and it was slugish and didnt want to run properly.. so after some messing around and trouble shooting i figured out it was the carby. so got a brand new carbi (china one) and it ran.. then i actually got to riding it and it started to blow smoke.. and the smoke smelt like the old 125 enging when it was frikd.. so now im thing its time for a new/second hand engine... so my midsized with be a donor bike and give up its enging and i will be looking for a 160cc engine for my midsized..

Latest posts

Back