The MR Community - Mental And General Health Support, resources and Discussion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spanglish?
We had a regular crew riding every second weekend but its been a little sparse lately. I'm trying to get it back on track with a little help. Our main man got deported hence my till next time friend video. So some keen riders is wanted!

I'm keen to join ya's after a little more healing. I'm really pushing this Lytton thing. Chandler grass flat tracks is do-able. I just don't wanna miss the big turn out with all the border jumpers coming up. Are you gonna come race with us?

I'm keen to join ya's after a little more healing. I'm really pushing this Lytton thing. Chandler grass flat tracks is do-able. I just don't wanna miss the big turn out with all the border jumpers coming up. Are you gonna come race with us?

I wish dude! But I'm no where near fast enough on that track!

I had a race about a year ago with Joshy n Stew with about 4 hours of riding under my belt n got flogged. :) but I had a ball! I'm a little time poor for practice so I never pursued the racing part of it. And to be completely honest is a little expensive from where I live.

I wish dude! But I'm no where near fast enough on that track!

I had a race about a year ago with Joshy n Stew with about 4 hours of riding under my belt n got flogged. :) but I had a ball! I'm a little time poor for practice so I never pursued the racing part of it. And to be completely honest is a little expensive from where I live.

Ahhhhh c'mon dude. U can't be slower than me with a broken arm. Get your skirt off and put your race pants on

Ahhhhh c'mon dude. U can't be slower than me with a broken arm. Get your skirt off and put your race pants on

Bahaha. Yeah corey get ya skirt off lol.

The radial head fracture is nasty mate, all you can do is give it time and not do anything silly, no riding until it is all good. Fracture clinic discharged me and I can ride finally 4 months later.

The radial head fracture is nasty mate, all you can do is give it time and not do anything silly, no riding until it is all good. Fracture clinic discharged me and I can ride finally 4 months later.

It's your mums, I got your helpful neighbours to steal it for me! :p

Good to hear your riding again though, my spare bikes almost finished. Ready for another battle!

It's the big row of doubles that screws me over! The rest of the track I'm all good with. Just having the courage to commit is what I'm lacking:)oh and probably the skill too.

It's your mums, I got your helpful neighbours to steal it for me! :p

Good to hear your riding again though, my spare bikes almost finished. Ready for another battle!

It's the big row of doubles that screws me over! The rest of the track I'm all good with. Just having the courage to commit is what I'm lacking:)oh and probably the skill too.

Mate I plan on rolling the entire track lol. Jumps hurt

Thats great to here mate. Like timeeh said you will be able to get the Daytona in the bike now and have a ball.

This is a good thread.. I have really bad anxiety and depression. I have a thing called social anxiety where I get super scared and have panic attacks in any social situation. It all started in grade 12. I was going good , had made new friends even though I wasn't the most popular person, I still had some friends. I was getting into a lot of activities at school and looking forward to finishing and starting work. Then I got sick, some massive belly bug that wrecked me.

I didn't really go outside for a month because I was so sick and the doctors finally found out what was wrong and kinda fixed me but by then I had developed an anxiety disorder. At the start i was so scared to even touch the mail box 4m from the front door. It took hours to think it all though and just run out there and back.

But to skip a lot of stuff , I'm getting better. I got my p's and that was a mission. I was so scared of the driving instructor that I vomited in the garden before my test and then failed because i was so scared. Second time I passed and got my p's :) yay That helped me loads. I could just get in the car and drive as far as I felt comfortable and then come home. Also driving takes my mind of stuff because if I start to get scared I will crash.. so it works ok but it all hits me when I get to the place i'm going but atleast I get out side of the house more now.

But I got my car and it's been good to have a project and to keep busy. I'm really into photography but as I have to deal with people , it's normally just for really close friends and family. I love cars and fixing stuff and also modding things. I can't leave something alone and I have to change it to the way i like it. But it's good to keep busy.

There is a lot more to this story but I don't think I could fit it all on here. But I have had this now for about 4 and a half years and i'm slowly getting better. I can go to places I have been a lot of times but new places and people scare the **** out of me.

I was on medication but they make me feel so strange and I can't think properly. I think the best way is to push yourself and do more every day. I'm getting to the point where mods on my car are going to cost a lot so I got the moto as a project to keep busy. I'm so keen to ride it soon but i'm also really scared at the same time since there is a lot to go wrong.

One thing that makes me feel bad about myself is people treating me differently. I know i'm messed up but i'm actualy pretty switched on. I'm not really a social butterfly but i'm fitting in more :) I just hate when people judge me for not working or for getting centrelink because I just have enough to live and it's not like i'm cashed up every week. I save $20 a week after paying for my car and board but I spend my money carefully and buy and sell things or do odd jobs for cash. It's a huge deal to go get a bottle of milk let alone working at the place that sells it.

I'm slowly getting better and have my good days and bad like the rest of people. I have been down the suicide path before and thought about it a lot. I know that it's not the right thing to do but at times I just get over feeling crap all the time and fighting my problems every day. I really forget what it's like not to feel scared but i'm just staying positive and taking things day by day.

Thanks for reading

Hey Ricky, thanks for sharing mate. I myself have struggled with the social anxiety. Mine was a stress related issue, not long after buying my house I had this crazy attack whilst I was arguing with this chick behind the counter at a phone store. I didnt know what hit me! I thought I'd been poisoned or something. I couldn't get a hair cut or go out to dinner with my wife with out feeling like passing out or wanting to vomit. Long story short I'd struggled with it for years. Out of desperation I decided to go and see a physiologist about a year ago. I'm happy to say the worst of it is long gone, and I now have the confidants and the know how to get me through just about any situation! I still have some not so good days but they don't scare me like they used to, only make me aware how far I've come!

The break through part that I've come to realise is that you need to own your fear, really try and get a (whats the worst that could happen) mentality. Practice somewhere where you constantly feel confident, and try and bring the anxiety on! And channel it to a kind of chaotic confidants.:) Hope some if not all of this helps you mate!

If you have anymore questions mate don't hesitate to ask! On here or pm me, we're here to help anyway we can.:)

hey ricky, i went through the same thjing when i was in year 7. my first day there was so many people, i just found it so hard to deal with. plus my dad was working at the school at the time, so i felt as if i had no privacy. then alot of people were staying away from me, i was pretty anti-social and i was starting to get pretty depressed. but then i was taking counsiling and it made things alot easier to cope with and now in year 9 im doing pretty well. i've started to open up socially and i now have a friend group and that makes things alot easier. so dont worry man, it'll get better, i was in a dark place for a while there, but now im better. beeive me, if i can do it than u can to :)

Your an absolute champ ricky, thanks for telling your story bro, we here at miniriders are a family and we got ya back bud, I have suffered from depression and anxiety for 17 years now and my disorders have now come down to mainly anxiety, I have only just met a lady and the anxiety nearly ruined a really good thing but she is understanding and caring.

I actually tried internet dating a year ago and after the first date I fell to a million pieces and had another mental health evaluation, I got a really good psych and they zeroed in on my issue which stemmed from chronic worry, I still struggle every day with worrying and worry bout what the future holds and im still on meds.

We truly have your back bro and if ya get a chance read thru this whole thread and you will get an understanding of how wonderful such a site is to care so much about members to have a dedicated thread, don't ever worry bout anything negative being said as this mental health thread is a no joke zone, you pour your heart out and will not be judged bro. We have lost a few members to similar issues and the aim is to never lose another brother again.

Thanks again Ricky and good luck brother, please feel free to contact me or members who have posted on this threads they are so understanding, and in saying that I have mates on here that live so far away but have helped me put the pieces of my life back together and I will never forget them. Cheers Mick.

Thanks Ricky for sharing mate. I also have a fear of crowds or situations that i dont normally deal with. Im heaps better now then i was years ago. What i found that was good is to set yourself small goals to cope with my fears like going to places where you know there are going to be a few people about not alot just a few and buildup from that. As your confidents grows you go and attend places where you know more people will be at. I feel very passionate about these sort of problems you and i have Ricky that i now help out at the local high school twice a week. What i do is mentor young adults with all sorts of problems and we slowly work through the problems and fears they have so they can have a better quality of life. It is very rewarding seeing these young adults come out of there shells and attend school fulltime as some have not been to school for years. Also seeing them go from getting C's or D's in school reports to A's and B's. They are so greatful for the help they get and cant thank me enough when they see these sort of results. I say you done the hard work i just showed you the path to follow to get there. As you can see your not alone Ricky and there are people that care on this site because we are or have been in the same situation as yourself. You can talk anytime on here or if you want to talk one on one you can PM me mate.

And rod is one of the many I mentioned who have helped me. Thanks mate.

Wow thanks for the response guys.. I have been going to more places and it seems to help a bit. The other day I went to 5 new shops to find an axle and nobody had one but it was good to take on my fear but I felt so worn out after it.

I have been trying to take on the "just do it " approach , lol I think thats nike but my mate said just do stuff and see what happens and it's been going ok. Thanks heaps for your help guys. This is a really caring family :)

Wow thanks for the response guys.. I have been going to more places and it seems to help a bit. The other day I went to 5 new shops to find an axle and nobody had one but it was good to take on my fear but I felt so worn out after it.

I have been trying to take on the "just do it " approach , lol I think thats nike but my mate said just do stuff and see what happens and it's been going ok. Thanks heaps for your help guys. This is a really caring family :)

Your Welcome Ricky. It's great to hear your getting out and about mate the more you do it the easier it gets. Here at Miniriders we look after each other just like brothers when you join here your part of the family mate.

Once you get your head around the problem then you can start trying new methods to overcome it! :)

Like I said really understand the whats the worst that could happen mentality, and that anxiety is a natural feeling! its just for some of us it's on overload some times.
dig deep and find what things are worrying you at these times of panic, and work on each problem as a single problem,

Also if money is tight mate, you can see your local Gp and get a referral for a psychologist. That way Medicare will pick up 70 - 80% of the bill! Good luck with it pal:)

Also if money is tight mate, you can see your local Gp and get a referral for a psychologist. That way Medicare will pick up 70 - 80% of the bill! Good luck with it pal:)

Yeah I was going to a counselor and got all the test done by a few psychologist but I stopped going after funding run out. Then I got a new one and I just felt like we weren't connecting so I stopped going. I have a new group lined up though so I will go see them.

I was on meds and I didn't like the way I felt when I was on them so I changed them and the new ones didn't work and then got new ones and each time they are meant to be the newest and greatest thing and they all turn out to be crap. So i'm off meds and feeling ok. I think i need to manage my anxiety and then my depression will get better.

But I think the best thing was getting my licence and a car. It has really helped a lot and it keeps me busy. Same with my moto, it's just something to keep focused on and something to kill the time. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back