The MR Community - Mental And General Health Support, resources and Discussion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, i just come across this thread. Unfortunatly, i have not really met any of the forum users in person yet. But i was having a read through this, and just wanted to say how cool it is to see how you are all there for one another.

I think its great, and just wanted to say keep up the great work and friendly support that you all show towards each other!

Just bumping this thread guys and girls, we all as Miniriders(family)members need to be here for each other, its tough talkin about problems we deal with, be it a health issue or even a worry, maybe you need to talk about someone not associated with miniriders for advice or need advice yourself to help you deal with something you may not understand or even want to deal with. Times are hard and life is not easy at the best of times. The main thing is you are far from alone, we are YOUR family and take these issues very serious, reach out and talk, there is more than enough life experience(good and bad)from members on here to help you. Even take time to look at the links at the start of this thread, This thread is a legacy from those gone but not forgotten, and we owe it to those to look out for each other as you are family.
Im happy to receive a PM from anyone who needs to talk or even just some advice or a simple chat, even a text or a call, i can be contacted on 0404124391(Mick)
YOUR NEVER ALONE

Thanks mate, if your story helps someone stop and think before doing something silly then you have helped like you couldn't imagine.
You should be proud you can talk about it, there's so many school aged young fellas and girls that need to hear these stories from the mouths of those who have lived it. Thanks dude, hope all the best for the future.

Got rid of that little red 'rep' box for you mate... Didn't fit with the great outlook you've got! :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, since my last post i have had some more depression and not to good feelings, even though i still see a psychologist life can still be a struggle dealing with why i feel this way, so off to the doc again to spill my guts and a few tears and we decided that i was to stop my course of lexarpro and start a new course of PRISTIQ, a pill for those that relapse into depression, it was bloody scary as those that understand know how ones thoughts can overule all normal thought processes in your life. So i first had to get off the other pill for 2 weeks and then start the new stuff, well this one has been quite affective, im getting into work and am happy and feel like my old self again which is nice as when your really down its feels like you will never get better and things wont improve, but im determined to live a healthy life, im still drug free and can not understand how i wasted so much time hiding behind that **** instead of dealing with my probs the hard way, which is very rewarding, my family is so proud that that alone is priceless, im 35 this year and live with my parents again but its about me now and my family is my saviour and im happy with my now quite simple and single life im living. This is just my story and im telling everyone that dont feel ashamed or embarrassed to have a chat if you feel down, depressed, anxious, injured or just feel not right, we here at Miniriders are ready to help and talk to those that need a chat or a shoulder to lean on or just some advice if you know someone outside of the miniriders arena that may be suffering, if you know someone who is down or not themselves then ask them how there feeling, a little support can be a life saver, if anyone ever needs a chat or some advice i can be contacted here on miniriders thru a Private message or even send a text or call Mick(me) on 0404124391. take it easy mini riding people.:thumbup:

Cheers fro the story Mick, can't say i know what it's like myself but I can say i feel for you mate, iv'e got very close family member in the same boat. So best of luck mate, sounds like those new pills should get you sorted :) And well done on your post, i'm sure it must be hard to tell your story.

Cheers fro the story Mick, can't say i know what it's like myself but I can say i feel for you mate, iv'e got very close family member in the same boat. So best of luck mate, sounds like those new pills should get you sorted :) And well done on your post, i'm sure it must be hard to tell your story.
Thanks for the kind words timeeh, it can be hard talking bout my mental health, the last thing i want is anyone to think im seeking attention, my main concern is helping peeps realise that if they do suffer from a mental health issue there not alone and there is always options rather than being irrational or bottling it all up, as we all know that self harm is at epidemic proportions. This thread is a legacy left behind by Dvdrip and thump140 and its unacceptable that these two amazing blokes thought they had no other options, so if i keep bumping this thread at regular intervals im hoping that most people will see it one way or another and if they are suffering or know someone suffering they may seek professional help or just talk to somebody and let them know of there pain and distraught. Once again thanks mate for the support, its very much appreciated. Cheers Mick

Okay guys this week is Mental Health week (7th to the 13th of october 2012) and is a very important time, have a think and if you know someone who is or maybe having a hard time with life, a job or even struggling with there own thoughts, then be a saviour and just try to talk or lend a hand and ask them the question, are you okay, how have you been do you need to talk or just give someone a smile, that smile could be the difference between a negative thought causing someone to take a drastic and desperate action, you may not stop someone from being hurt but atleast you tried and that makes you a bloody strong caring person in a world that just doesnt give a **** anymore, im off to the phsych tomorrow, just a follow up and a chat as i have been responding well to medication and am learning to live with my life as life is the hardest thing we will ever be faced with. Be strong peeps, This place we call miniriders is a movement and a family for all race and creed. And world Mental Health day is marked every year on the 10th of october.

PLEASE IF ANYONE IS IN NEED OF A CHAT OR SUPPORT, THAN HAVE A SAY AND PUT IT IN WORDS, AS TELLING PEOPLE YOUR STORY OR THOUGHTS IS VERY POWERFUL AND CAN HELP YOU RECOGNISE YOU ARE A NORMAL PERSON EVEN THOUGH YOU FEEL SO VERY DIFFERENT.

Last edited:
Today is International mental Health day people, reach out and change a life. our thoughts are with DvDrip james:first: and thump140* tom:first: cuttin laps in the big blue. Your legacy will never be forgotten.

hey all, so its nearly xmas again, Seems the older i get the days go quicker. Xmas is meant to be a happy time spent with family or friends and just relaxing and enjoying ourselves but for some it is a struggle to make ends meat with money for presents and food and giving your loved ones the best possible holiday break, and this may not be possible for everyone especially those that dont get paid when not working, maybe you are unemployed at the moment or have a sick family member, and even if you do have money to survive other probs may be on your mind or even feeling alone. Dont hesitate to talk to someone, there is a heap of miniriders on this forum that struggle thru life with there own probs and are great at giving advice or just a quick chat about anything and not necessarilly your probs. If you find yourself in a situation, please read the start of this thread as there is a heap of links to organisations that can and will help, your never alone and seek help. You are all apart of this family and we want everyone to feel happy not only at xmas but all the time.

Well said again mate :action-smiley-033: As for your qustion Berlina, if it wasn't for the stupid scum then we wouldn't be able ot feel so good about ourselves... Without the bad you would not know what good is. Ying and Yang and all that crap :)

Well done Mick what you said is spoton i feel the same way about what you said. My family have had dramas with a member taking there own life because they couldn't cope and tryed to deal with it on there own. He would put on a happy front for everyone but deep down he was troubled so what Mick said is so true, talk to someone and seek help. Like the old saying said A PROBLEM SHARED IS A PROBLEM HALFED which is so true and you will find out you are not alone there are lots of people in the same boat. Your no less a man or woman for seeking help infact i think it shows a great deal of courage and strength to do so. It also causes a lot of heartache for the family members to deal with if you take your life when talking about it and seeking help could of stopped this from happening.

reps for mick.. and not only to chat but to have someone you can ride or just hang out with to get you away from where you are and your mind set... i know how good it can be just to have a change of scenery even for a few hows..

reps for mick.. and not only to chat but to have someone you can ride or just hang out with to get you away from where you are and your mind set... i know how good it can be just to have a change of scenery even for a few hows..

Spot on lad, even a simple smile at a person who is suffering can change a life.

Hey thanks beno, timeeh, rod and tim for replies and thoughts on this subject. Hope this person in mention rod is remembered as the true person they were, and sorry for your loss bro, I am and can now see a future as I learn to live with a somewhat different life than I was once use to. Thanks bois:)

Well said again mate :action-smiley-033: As for your qustion Berlina, if it wasn't for the stupid scum then we wouldn't be able ot feel so good about ourselves... Without the bad you would not know what good is. Ying and Yang and all that crap :)

So true, thanks for the pm and such a quick reply to my problem.

not related but it hits home to people that have lost a new born or a young child, sorry. i have recently signed up to facebook (i have 11 friends YAY), and i have liked a page called joshua's fight. it is a very sad story that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. if you would like to help please search and like the page, like i said, i no its off topic but this forum helped me through 1 hell of a battle so i would like to spread the word for someone else that is going through pain. please like this page, every like shows support to a struggling family. please don't take what you have for granted.

if its not worthy please delete but i no this site is a very family friendly site so please spread the word.

and if you ever want to feel refreshed and new, call mick (rotn50). spent 3 hours on the phone with him this morning and he no's how to make you feel good again. i no he has had his hard times but he is a genuine nice bloke that will do anything for people that don't **** in his pocket. there should be a nice guy award on mr lol, mick would get all the votes. he has been through hell but is willing to get you out of the **** if he can. MATE YOUR A TRUE FRIEND, thanks ben........ rant over.........

and if you ever want to feel refreshed and new, call mick (rotn50). spent 3 hours on the phone with him this morning and he no's how to make you feel good again. i no he has had his hard times but he is a genuine nice bloke that will do anything for people that don't **** in his pocket. there should be a nice guy award on mr lol, mick would get all the votes. he has been through hell but is willing to get you out of the **** if he can. MATE YOUR A TRUE FRIEND, thanks ben........ rant over.........

Thanks beno, your a good mate. Its true I'm here if anyone ever needs a chat or to let off some steam or just talk about life, talking always makes you feel better. So PM me about anything I'm easy(ladies listening). Miniriders FTW;)

Latest posts

Back