The MR Community - Mental And General Health Support, resources and Discussion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you mate, I didn't take any meds either as much as I would of liked too at times my Gp and psychologist said no?

Meds work for a lot of people and I'm not against them either, but healthy lifestyle counts for a lot. And it seems like you've got a good positive attitude, talking to a professional is what helped me and the fact that it was stopping me from buying stuff from Bunnings!:p

Yeah I just don't feel right with them.. I have ones that I take when I really need them that make me feel good for about 5 hours so I can push my comfort zone but after it I just feel so bad. I normally sleep for long amounts of time and feel like theres something bad that's going to happen and it's kinda like I have a hang over.. They do work but after it just kills any gain.

They do make me handle things a lot better like when I need to go to a meeting or on a long trip somewhere.

All my psychiatry was medicare funded thru headspace. I had an awesome psych fortunatly and she helped me realise why I feel like I do. Damn my tears would run alot but always slowly came out knowing more. Good luck dude.

All my psychiatry was medicare funded thru headspace. I had an awesome psych fortunatly and she helped me realise why I feel like I do. Damn my tears would run alot but always slowly came out knowing more. Good luck dude.

I felt with counseling .. I needed some one all the time so when I felt bad I could talk to them. I think going for an hour every week isn't enough and some times I felt really good on that day so I didn't really need to go.

But I felt that they brought everything up that i had been burying and then the hour would be up and all that stuff hadn't been dealt with and then I had to wait a week and they would bring it all back up and not deal with it again. I feel I need to deal with the way I feel when I feel it. Not hang onto it to tell the counselor.

I'm keen to start some kind of support soon. It's more like a friend base/mans club so it should be a lot better.

Two weeks back my wife got fired from her job! They're exact wording was we have no place for pregnancy and we've got some serious misconduct on you! Which is crap, she was the ceo's personal secretary! He verbally signed of on everything! Now to keep this from being a defamation case, we'll keep him secret but to give you an idea of his squilions he was one in 8 or 6? Owners in a hugely successful race horse that's won a Melbourne cup! (Recently)
We are now going through a hugely expensive case to find these animals guilty of discrimination, bullying and unlawful dismissal! Her wage is covered for short term but our baby is due April, and there's no certainty on how long her wage will hold up? I'm the bread winner in our house, my wage counts for 70% of our net income. But can't cover 100% if all was to go pear shaped? Ive spent 4 years building our house into our dream home, especially for a safe environment for our future kids, stress has been killing me of late! I'm feeling this age old depression coming back, and anxiety? I honestly would love nothing more than 2 mins alone in a room with these gutless ****holes! But alas I have to be patient and wait, I'm not made of millions and am struggling, especially this close to Chrissy! I have a great feeling of ease when I log on to MR though! Reading issues, giving mates a bit of stick every now and then! It's a awesome network of mates, that I'm happy to be part of.

Last edited:
Whoa dude, that's nuts. What a bunch of arseholes. Hope it all comes good mate, there are a **** load of laws to prevent this sort of thing happening these days, so fingers crossed the courts rule in your favour.

Whoa dude, that's nuts. What a bunch of arseholes. Hope it all comes good mate, there are a **** load of laws to prevent this sort of thing happening these days, so fingers crossed the courts rule in your favour.

Yup definitely illegal to do this, I agree. But to prove discrimination against these wealthy *******s is definitely another? The lady in charge of pulling the trigger used to take people's houses for a living. She makes sure multi million dollar company's pay up! The sheer stress of it makes me sick to the stomach on a daily bases. All just a waiting game now.

Thats sux corey, and to say they have misconduct on her is the biggest load of ****ing **** I have heard. Katie is one of the most genuine, honest and trustworthy ladies I have ever met. To sack anybody because they or there partner is pregnant is pathetic, gutless and cold hearted. Good luck brother and dont forget you can call anytime anywhere anyhow.

If it aint broke, break it.

Update, unfortunately the misses is a little overwhelmed by the whole thing and we've decided to postpone the case for a while. The poor buggers so stressed she's finding everyday activities difficult. Like reversing out our drive way! She crashed the new car into our rendered fence yesterday, so there's more coin and a loss of a weekend fixing the fence.

It's kinda hard to stay positive, but I spose it could always get worse!
Cheers for the vent boys!

Cheers Timmeh.
work.4707910.1.sticker,375x360.no-problem-v1.png

Hmmm what ever happened to Alf? must of moved to home and away or something....

My shoulder is always here corey. I know ive leaned on yours before bro.

If it aint broke, break it.

Hope everyone is well and happy within themselves, this time of year can still be a strain after xmas getting on top of bills or even going back to work.

What an absolute cracka of a tread, Im not much of a talker at all but i did enjoy reading the positive comments to some sad posts. Myself am no stranger to this kind of thing, years back going through a crappy divorce i started drinking 1lt bottles of vodka straight daily! Drink driving and hoping to crash n burn, Now realizing the impact i would of caused some innocent family for my stupidity.
I met an awesome girl during this downward spiral and she picked me right up and sorted me out, now im very happily married again, A successful business owner and expecting my 1st child this coming July.
Basically im repeating what a lot have said, suicide isn't the answer! I still suffer from depression and anxiety but i as happy as can be and getting the help needed.
:five:

What an absolute cracka of a tread, Im not much of a talker at all but i did enjoy reading the positive comments to some sad posts. Myself am no stranger to this kind of thing, years back going through a crappy divorce i started drinking 1lt bottles of vodka straight daily! Drink driving and hoping to crash n burn, Now realizing the impact i would of caused some innocent family for my stupidity.
I met an awesome girl during this downward spiral and she picked me right up and sorted me out, now im very happily married again, A successful business owner and expecting my 1st child this coming July.
Basically im repeating what a lot have said, suicide isn't the answer! I still suffer from depression and anxiety but i as happy as can be and getting the help needed.
:five:

Top Stuff Mate. Thanks for sharing thats what this thread is all about mate. Hope things are going ok for you to Corey.

Still jumping through the legal hoops ATM mate, can't really say too much until the lawyers say I can. Happy to have made it through Chrissy. Relying on only one income is tough, staying positive though! I just keep telling myself that when I'm old and retired that these were the days that made it all worth while!

Still jumping through the legal hoops ATM mate, can't really say too much until the lawyers say I can. Happy to have made it through Chrissy. Relying on only one income is tough, staying positive though! I just keep telling myself that when I'm old and retired that these were the days that made it all worth while!

Without the sh it times we wouldn't enjoy the good. At least that's what i keep telling myself :) Also My1st50 cheers for telling your story. Always good to hear about people coming out the otherside :) oh yea, and good luck with the kid. My first is 12wks old today, big changes ahead dude.... BIG CHANGES :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys, 12 week old ey.... Yeh my mates have told me EVERYTHING is going to change haha

Sorry to hear that you are still going through all that legal stuff Corey. Like Tim said going through the crap stuff makes you enjoy the good times when they come along mate so keep staying positive Corey. And guys i have 2 daughters they are 21 and 19 years old. Things do change when they first arrive but they bring so much joy into your life seeing them grow into the beautiful young ladies they are today with kids of their own.

Latest posts

Back