The MR Community - Mental And General Health Support, resources and Discussion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that you are still going through all that legal stuff Corey. Like Tim said going through the crap stuff makes you enjoy the good times when they come along mate so keep staying positive Corey. And guys i have 2 daughters they are 21 and 19 years old. Things do change when they first arrive but they bring so much joy into your life seeing them grow into the beautiful young ladies they are today with kids of their own.

"Joy" you reckon Rod? Hmmm :p

LOL yes joy and if you have daughters you have to have a good gun too Tim lol.:shoot: to keep the idiots away from them.

Well I'm having a boy so no guns needed here, though I was truly expecting a girl! Got three girls first before me. And the misses goes girl, boy, girl, boy, girl, girl, girl? Must of skipped a gen?

gday all jazz here again lol well on november 26th 2012 i was in a well pretty bad crash i was driving home from work (dohertysgym) and never made it home i woke up 2 weeks later in icu at the alfred hospital i had broke my ankle fibula tibia femur bone hand fracuterd my sternum and lost alot of teeth but the biggest thing next to have screws and a big steel rod in my leg was a serious brain injury i had bleeding on my brain my heart stop twice on the table they said that i would never walk or talk agian when i woke out of my coma i didnt know who my mum was or even where i was.
and i slowly improving day by day at the time i really never totally understood what had happend to me
and thinking i was ok i tryd to get out of bed to got the toilet and the nurse came running in saying what are you doin i said im goin the toilet but then she told me i had a catheter in witch to this day is still hard to go :(
later on my boss came in to visit me with his mate danny green i was over the moon he was the nicest guy

i then spent 6 months in rehab that was the hardest thing ive ever experienced sein so manny people that wher not as lucky as me was very difficult for me i would cry for them alot of the people there at the time where mainly people with brain injurys i now have an amazing outlook at life im glad it happend tbh it has truely made me appreciate the gift of life my memory now is terrible i have to have tablets everyday i hate the heat if i crash on my bike and hit my head im dead im always paranoid cant sleep well and still have troble goin for a piss no my crash wasnt from drinking they cant figure out what happend and lucky my crash was in australia cos we have tac and thank you to everybody that has got me this far i had to learn how to talk walk and just about everything else so if i say something that isnt really right give us a break im well not 100% thanks for listening
cbf posting all my pics from all of it maybe another time

^Sounds nasty mate, lucky to walk away from that one by the sound of things. Having to learn to walk and talk again can be a real downer so ive been told. Sounds like your well and truly on the mend though :)

Just bumping it up..

Haven't been on here for a few years, I still remember the day we heard about DvDrip and thump.. Shattered this small community at the time, I remember the generosity and the fund started for Rips family.

After struggling with chronic anxiety in my late teens I'm happy to say that I can now happily do 99% of things anxiety free. Depression comes and goes but it's the people around us that can hep us through it, just got to be willing to ask for it. Takes a bigger man to admit he needs help than to take the easy way out, I've lost 4 friends now to suicide. It's not worth it, no matter how bad you feel, the people that are left behind are hurt even more..

I'm a pilot, and at the start of the year I contracted a rare infection (leptospirosis) which made me lose my dream job, literally thought I was losing my mind (meningitis), chronic back pain, liver failure, infection if the bladder, lungs almost everything.. It's taken 4 months of doing absolutely nothing apart from antibiotics, hospital care, gentle excersise to get back to semi normal.. A lot of old **** resurfaced anxiety wise and I got hit with chronic depression, lost my job that I worked so hard for, lost my father In law, moved back in with my parents and have been on my arse feeling useless..

But, I'm feeling better, I'm about to go back to flying in the next few weeks and life is good.. It gets better!

I always think of the poor kids and mums with terminal illnesses and it puts all my problems back into perspective.. Big time - women come and go, friends come and go, we only live once what's the point in living in fear or being depressed? It's a waste of time. But it does still happen, just got to find a way to tough it out, with friends and family.

Don't take the easy way out, nothing in life is easy, you have to work hard.

RIP to those we've lost. It's never easy, but it gets easier.

Wise words bro and great to hear you battled your demons, life's full of ups and downs and inside outs but those who battle through always come out on top, it does get better as long as you want it and have the support and encouragement you need.

This community is a great relief for many and people like you keep it going strong

I suffered from depression too and I can honestly say that among other things Miniriders saved my life and gave me the strength and direction I needed at my rock bottom , I too went through meningitis a few years ago and battled serous bouts of anxiety and panic attacks , it was a scary experience that I still think about on a regular basis but I overcame it by being mind strong and with support of my friends and family I am now leading a happy life slowly ticking off my bucket list and trying to live life to its fullest

I wish you and all my mr family the best that life can bring and I urge you all to use this forum to its fullest even if it is in this thread to reach out for guidance

Peace out ;)

Thanks for your stories boys. I hope that everyone is doing fine, unfortunately the depression, anxiety and feelings of just worthlessness will affect most of us at some stage. Anything can trigger it and you may fall heavily into a scary state of mind or a traumatic reminder may trigger it years down the track. But like jordan said you do need to push on through help from family and friends and just pushing through by trying to be strong during your weakest moments. These diseases are truly tragic with many tragic stories but it isnt easier taking your own life as your family and friends live with it for there whole lives every single ****ing day. And every single one of you are great, wonderful and priceless no matter what you think or the evil voices in yours and my head is yelling us.

If you have recently read these few posts I urge you to read every 24 pages as even though you may not suffer you may pick up on a friend or loved one who has similar symptons or shows similar signs to us in this thread.

A single smile or hello to a seemingly normal person or the kid being bullied at school can just as easily save there lives. You are never ever alone in this ever so hard and scary world.

I have shed So many tears on this thread its not funny, and at the end of the days miniriders has helped wipe them away time and time again.

Be headstrong and think of every consequences to any actions we take. Your all champs and priceless in my mind.

Mick.

Mick your a legend mate. Hope everything is going well for you brother. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick your a legend mate. Hope everything is going well for you brother. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy. Mmm ive been okay mate, bloody woman dramas but thats finished now and living the single life again. The older ya get the less drama you seem to be willing to put up with lol. But ill find a drama free woman one day lmfao.

^^Good luck with it :)

Women never cease to amaze, and confuse me. I just go along with it, until either I or she gets bored, lol...

They're all sisters bro, they just live in different houses!

Haven't spoken to ya in a while shags. What's been happening up there?

They're all sisters bro, they just live in different houses!

Haven't spoken to ya in a while shags. What's been happening up there?
Hey lad. Not bad mate. Really busy at work and broke as a joke. Hope lil Levi and mum have been well also jiggs

Ok idk if I'm off topic atm lol. But I can relate to a lot I'm 26 turning 27 in oct have asphergers autism (I get asked what it is too much google it lol) if someone did not at one point in their life have depression or anxiety or at least feelings I would wonder if they are human. To be honest more or less it takes a person with a good heart to feel depressed simply put care so much it hurts. And my daughter who is 12 (not by blood but we got so close she will not accept the step title) has depression atm and its a mix of bullying and her real dad being a royal A** to her and never having time for her. Dealing with autism alone can be frustrating and you learn from these things like depression and such how to be a stronger person. The thing is it takes a great batch of friends and family along with just allowing yourself to relax every now and again. As for girl probs? I cannot fully explain my recent issue in a hundred words or less ill just say my 20 yo step daughter got close to me I was helping her go back to school and better her life in many ways. She however as history shows has many mental illnesses along with being a pathological liar and believes in a fantasy life fueled by anime. She ended up drugging me and police got involved ect. Was NOT fun. And my little getaway my shop was in shambles for a few months ect. Anyways from that to being homeless before I got married ect. I learned the harder things are to cope with the better and truer the friends and people in your life will eventually become and hardships end up in a way sometimes forming the foundation for a lot of better things to come. I'm sorry if I'm a bit rambling just bored tonight and seeing these posts felt like sharing

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy. Mmm ive been okay mate, bloody woman dramas but thats finished now and living the single life again. The older ya get the less drama you seem to be willing to put up with lol. But ill find a drama free woman one day lmfao.

I've been lurking here a while. I wont go through the whole story of my youth just yet. I'll say one thing, I got a bit keen with my kitchen knife one night after going out to town for my mates 30th being with a completely nuts woman. Basically I just needed to bleed, there was to much bad blood in me. Anyways, I got to the tendon and then it started to hurt so I stopped, didnt even do it in a spot that would hit anything major. Less than a week later I chatted to my now wife on facebook who is a qualified social worker, runs her own massage and spiritual healing business and is generally the most awesome stable person Ive ever met. I wasnt trying to end myself, I was trying to be re-born. I'll continue this story later cause spiritually since then things have changed a LOT for me far for the better. It never helped my best mate growing up was super sceptical about 'sixth senses' etc...Sometimes thankfully the best thing about hitting bottom is you only have one way to go and thats back up!!!!

Women come and go, but when they're right you'll know and things will really be easy. I went though a few before I got married....like a few dozen....

Well I got a referral last nite to see my psychiatrist again to help me thru this next stage in life. Being a good bloke and willing to help a down and out lady I got a personal loan and got her a car, I also foolishly got her a phone and plan, why why why, cause she was good at what she does. I wanted the phone back today so I blocked it and the sim card before she could get anything off it so I had a little win. But im struggling a little with how one person could be such a **** without a conscience at all. And still trash a blokes feelings that has paved her path with gold pavers. Anyway I will talk to my shrink just to learn why I feel like im failing at life even though I know im not I still feel like that. Like my buddy cordogs said"mick if thats the biggest mistake you have made your doing well" thanks corey your spot on.

Well I got a referral last nite to see my psychiatrist again to help me thru this next stage in life. Being a good bloke and willing to help a down and out lady I got a personal loan and got her a car, I also foolishly got her a phone and plan, why why why, cause she was good at what she does. I wanted the phone back today so I blocked it and the sim card before she could get anything off it so I had a little win. But im struggling a little with how one person could be such a **** without a conscience at all. And still trash a blokes feelings that has paved her path with gold pavers. Anyway I will talk to my shrink just to learn why I feel like im failing at life even though I know im not I still feel like that. Like my buddy cordogs said"mick if thats the biggest mistake you have made your doing well" thanks corey your spot on.

I guess thats what they always push for talking about it with someone anyone...better out than in literally. Mate my ex threw a 9 inch kitchen knife at me cause I wanted to play playstation not argue about nothing!! Dont get stuck in that trap if you can help it!! She basically had my family convinced too that I was being violent towards her....when I was doing the complete opposite! If its over mate its OVER!!! Forget the btch, and be happy for it, got to break out of that pattern asap!!! Thats what it is a familiar pattern...but not a good one that you clearly dont want!! Can you go on a weekender or something? Go for a ride, camp chill out and get clear!! I think people under estimate just clearing **** out by going to chill away from stuff thats bothering you just forget the city and/or the ****...its one life!! No one is worth giving up a good time over....no one mate..sounds like a pretty **** time you're having :thumbdown: Just go have some cheap fun and get that into your regular routine again!!! :grinning-smiley-003

Last edited:
some people there is no understanding as to how or why they are the way they are and if you think too much of it it will consume you

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back