THE NEW 155Z CAN GET F@&ked 4 motors down!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aitken

Reaction score
THE NEW 155Z is a joke 4 motors down not even 5 hours on the bike

plz delete this post thankyou :)

Last edited:
buddy no offence your obviusly doing somthing very wrong as i race freestyle and bush trash mine and never had an engine go once so there probably somthing nto getting done right in bike set up

dont mean to sound rude but if anyone had spent the money i have and stil has not been able to last a day you mite be a little upset aswel.....the bike is set up fine and runs really strong with head,piston,cam and pipe but the case just keeps cracking in the same spot every single time i have been thru 4 brand new out of the box 155z the tb head,my pipe and piston are fitted then bike runs strong for half a day then i go to start it again d-comp on at top dead and the case is cracked and just slips every tooth on the kickstart......i had an old fmr with the yx 150 same deal no d-comp u could kick the guts out of it and never cracked soon as i got the lxr crack crack crack and then 2day crack!

you may need to "revise" your first post and add some punctuation and bugger off the abreviations.

If you want some serious help, then you need to have a serious post..

Maybe a few pics also to help your case (no pun intended :D)

You got no argument with me dude. I got a totally different problem to you but with the same engine.Kick starter gears wont mesh properly and kick bike over is just 1 of the dramas.Im going to DHZ tomorrow with the engine to see what happens there.Im sure its only a matter of time til my case cracked.

have you checked the case?? coz thats what happens when the case cracks it cracks around the bearing on the shaft the clutch sits on witch when u go to kick it over it pushes the gear away from the kick start gear and slips teeth....

I had visions of the case cracking and oil going every where. I didnt see any cracks but I didnt look for them either.I was more concerned about the clutch nut and the main shaft nut floating around in the side case.lol. I dare say my case is cracked to then. Has a gear box drama to.Might be related

yeah thats what i thought would happen when a case cracks but its only a little crack inside the motor on the left casing and its enough for the sharft to move a few mm witch is enough to skip teeth and everything else when its under load....

from the day i got this bike It has sounded like the chain slips teeth every so often.id say it may of been the gear box.Didnt do it often enough to get a good listen to it.Now it wont kick over at all and there is a drama with the gear box.Its as if a gear is broken and when in neutral the bike still wont roll

yeah true best thing u can do it pull the clutch off and take a look u will see what im talking about if its cracked...and nar sagaone just got home and chucked it on the ground im so over it when i pull this one apart ill get some pics up for use but if anyone knows anything about these 175s that are coming out in a lot of the ttr style bikes let me know! thanks

im in the process of taking the engine out.its going back to the shop 9am tomorrow morning. Are you getting your cases replaced for you or are you paying for them? would be even worse if its hitting your pocket aswell as all your hard labour and time.

the 175's are actually 171cc .. and are pretty much a Z155 with +3 bore..

do u know if there made at the same place like same case im just trying to work out if the case in them is any stronger then the 155z? :)

im in the process of taking the engine out.its going back to the shop 9am tomorrow morning. Are you getting your cases replaced for you or are you paying for them? would be even worse if its hitting your pocket aswell as all your hard labour and time.

im not sure ill be putting another 155z in it even if its free as i have been thru 4 of them so far and i cant see how its going to stop....

Latest posts

Back