The NEW Z Files. Honda Z owners.-official

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well crazzy #1 its bout 35 years old and in bloody good nik and dont bother any1 else..... besides alot of the old z's hav a bit of movement int the forks that can rok bak n forth

just to give you fellas an update , ive got just about all the genuine honda parts i need and got a 75cc kitaco bore kit,keihin pc20 carby, 26 rear sprocket and a 16 front sprocket , so i hope to get it up to about 60 km/h , getting my frame back and i will start to re assemble it over the christmas break , just on the history of the z50's the bike is an australain type made for australia - they are very similar to the z50z japan type, anyways i will get a few pics up in the near future. yeh one fork leg is bent aswell as the front fork housing and taillight bracket. i think some kids have been learning * rolls eyes* but my spray painter says they come up great. so fingers crossed.

hey,
i saw somewhere that Honda have linked up with Ducar, ducar engines are not too much i assume considering that a bike with a ducar engine can cost under $600.
Cheers, Pascal

yeh i seen those honda Nice things.. 110cc ? 4 spd manual ?
seen em in like thailand and bangkok.
hmm.. seem like a perfect swap into a crf50 or xr50 xr70 with that big power and still reliabitlty of a true honda.

yeh what ever people say " ducar is linked up with honda" or "lifan and honda make engines together" is compete BS , i think i said of a previous post , that yes some honda engines are ASSEMBLED in foreign countrys , i know they do it in thailand and the philipines , i have honda replacement parts which are made by honda factories in these countrys.

Honda 50Z Model Link ?

Could some one help me thanks.I'm looking for a link to look up Honda 50Z Models of the last 10-15 years.So i work out whats comes on each model standard and appearance re Sticker look of the models.
Appreciate any help to look up each model.
Regards Scotch

Last edited:
1967-68 Honda z50m (english version)

I've had this bike in the garage for about 30 years and have finally gotten around to restoring it.Its pretty much all there bar the rear stop switch and the headlight.
Now i still have the main part of the headlight but the glass is missing and for the life of me I can't source another light that is 100mm in diameter ,6v 15w and for rego purposes must have high and low beam.
Honda Australia won't return my emails and the 2 local Honda shops in my region have info on every z50 but the z50m.
Any suggestions???

The headlamp should be the same as a Z50A and Z50J1. Both are still available through honda australia - just pop down to your local dealer...

No problem. The part number you need is 33100-063-670 which is the complete headlamp assembly (beam, globe, plug, chrome rim).

I just had alook at the markings on the back of whats left of the old light-
STANLEY
Bestell Nr. 6-0759
6v 15w
Hallmark

Yeah they are made by Stanley for Honda. The honda part number is 33100-063-670.

Monkeyboys Z50J

Hi there
A couple of pics of my Z50J, its a 1981 with a bit of bling and is road registered.I also have a couple more that I'm fixing up.I'll post some more pics soon.
Can anyone help me with a QA50 rear wheel. I need one for a project.I dont need the brake just a wheel in good condition.
Cheers Den

View attachment 500

Copy of Z50J.jpg

Last edited:
Went to a bike wreckers today and found a brand new original headlight and chrome ring.I couldn't believe my luck.
Very happy.
Thanks for the help QA50

What a score from the wreckers.Which wreckers sold you that?Did they have any more?I'm after one as well.

Latest posts

Back