• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Ultimate Engine Starts HERE!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Scrub up a ragged old set of CRF cases, have them bored, add heavy duty bearings, and still fall well short in strength and displacement limits?

573136463_awhellnawia128618258972299993_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Brand new Takegawa/Honda cases, as used on the killer new 158cc complete engines. Start your next build with the strongest foundation possible! Fill it up with your choice of 3-4-5-6speed trans, 41.4-WOW stroker cranks, and top it with the latest deep breathing cylinder heads available. All available from FPM. As always, custom builds are our specialty :)

387822_2615181415652_1138570321_3038759_477421905_n.jpg

ooh this looks interesting,what kinda $ we speaking to buy one of these terry?

ooh this looks interesting,what kinda $ we speaking to buy one of these terry?

Not as bad as I feared. $599. Compared to $375 for a set of 50 cases, and these come with the killer pump, piston squirter, dowels, studs, gaskets, better bearings, LOTS more strength, bearing retainers, and more.

Get in my belleh!! whats the biggst you can go without the scut ??

Cases can be ordered pre-bored to take a skirted 59mm slug. Toss it up & down 66mm with a TJR stroker, and it comes out at 180cc. Honda-gawa, cowabunga!

Man 158 in a 10 inch bike would be one hell of a ride!! haha

Can't believe you can squeeze 6 gears in those cases.

That is an absolutely awesome price considering the quality.

hhhhmmm. I had been toying with the idea of an official MR build one day soon. Think this would be the first purchase.

I wouldn't run a 6 gear, if over a 75cc SuperStock build, and even then, kicking is risky. Would make a nice 50cc legit land speed racer, though...:D

I'd be interested in being a part of a MR build, if y'all would have me.

mx setup

G'day Terry, Dready and i have been discussing the need for a decent set of cases. would a 4 or five speed hold up better in a pitbike mx build. Will these cases take yx parts? Is the top end stud spacing crf or klx? Cheers DD

I'm all funny in the pants over these cases .

Yeah, me too.

The oil pump setup is Nice type. These are much stronger than Nice cases, and no reason they won't go bigger and live longer. Cases are about all that remain Honda, when building a Nice with enough power to pull it's own shadow.

Last edited:
G'day Terry, Dready and i have been discussing the need for a decent set of cases. would a 4 or five speed hold up better in a pitbike mx build. Will these cases take yx parts? Is the top end stud spacing crf or klx? Cheers DD

I'd say a 4-speed, but the TAF 5-speed should be rugged, if the rider doesn't big-foot the downshifts. Top end is Honda through 57mm, Mid-block after that. I wouldn't thread a YX drain plug in these beauties;)

hmmm, these are awesome looking...

59mm slug... what barrel stud spacing are they? Nice? either way they still make the goods for a killer engine

hmmm, these are awesome looking...

59mm slug... what barrel stud spacing are they? Nice? either way they still make the goods for a killer engine

Ain't they just!!! :laughing-smiley-002

Nice spacing is same as 50, used by Tak through 57mm. Mid-block spacing on the bigger bores. There are heads for both.

Arnt the takegawa HD cases just honda nice case's with takegawa's name?

Arnt the takegawa HD cases just honda nice case's with takegawa's name?

I haven't had the Tak's on my bench, yet, but I don't remember the Nice as having that stator cover mounting pattern or the bearing reinforcement plates. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, no ;)

Aw man... you got me all excited thinking this was a certain skunk works project... bah, back to looking for blowed up donor motors on craigslist again... :D

Aw man... you got me all excited thinking this was a certain skunk works project... bah, back to looking for blowed up donor motors on craigslist again... :D

Oh, you thought you were gonna get a peek at that one. lol Not just yet.
It snowed a bit this morning, so it's coming ;)

Awesome set of cases. Do they make a set that would go into a KLX 110 chassis ??

Latest posts

Back