the white ring ...of death!!!!! ...well now i have your attention dont i??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkrider

Reaction score
hey i have been bugging every one about this but...SUCK IT UP
THE WHITE RING what, were, why!!!! story is i put the wrong oil in the bike (yeah shut up) and when i changed it a white ring that was broken up fell out now the bike has a serious power decrease dose any one know what is wrong and how to fix it.. now i dont have any pics of the ring cause i happen to misplace it cause were moving can any one help ... you will be rewarded with imortal glory and pride ..not enough well get over that .. if i had cash i wouldn't be asking this to you guys now would i..

probably best to call ciniwerx and ask them, if anyone knows it'd be them

probably best to call ciniwerx and ask them, if anyone knows it'd be them

What makes you think Cini will know any better then anyone else? Unless of corse they are pulling the zonger engines out and putting random white rings in there.

Back the original question, you need to be alot more specific lol, hard white ring? O-ring? Where did it come from?

Ps. On ya rags mate?

it was o shape sort of a hard white plastic and i used pentrine small engine oil so baisicly lawnmower oil the ring was in piceces and it has got lost sinse i last had it cause were moving house

a bit to big to be for the plug prbally bout the size of the end off your gripps

ok so you used the wrong oil, how does the bike sound, does it sound any different? If it sounds the same as before could it just be that the clutch is slipping? Most non motorbike specific oils contain friction modifiers that will cause clutches to slip. As for the white ring, got me stumped

yeah i know the clutch is sliping got that hole unresponsive thing when you open up the throttle it slips i have changed the oil but dont want to ride it till i work out what the ring was

it isnt the exhaust gasket is it? Did you have the pipe off? Thats the only thing i can think of that would be white and that size. As for the clutch, easiest way to fix that is new plates, i know some say to just take em out and clean em but sometimes you cant get all of the slipery stuff out of the clutch fibre discs. New clutch plates are cheap and atleast you'll know that you will only have to do the job once

i like the idea for the clutch but no i dident have the pipe offf although i was changing a oil line

The white plastic ring is the security stop of your oil bottle and you numnut let it fall in your engine...lol

dunno then, from your description i thought it would have to be an exhaust gasket especially being hard and brittle, but i dont have a zonger so i'm not to familiar with the oil cooler plumbing, cant be too many places on the engine a seal around that size would fit, perhaps a seal/spacer for the oil filter? i'm sure someone with zonger knowledge will chime in

no cant off been wouldent of fit throught the hole

Last edited:
Could it have been the little oring that goes around the dipstick (no not you, the actual dipstick) has somehow fallen into the engine, maybe somewhere around the time you were putting lawn mower oil into your bike?

thanks for reminding me what i did mf but i cant remember any sort of o ring on the dipstick

if i cant find out what it is then i will just replace the clutch and ride it tilll it explodes

if theres no o ring at the base of the dipstick turn the bike on and if it feels like puffs of air are coming out its the dipstick seal. if there is get a new one from bunnings and start it..
lawnmower oil man come on.

Latest posts

Back