Things to do and not to do!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volatile

Reaction score
Hey as it is my first minibike that ive owned i just was wondering myself but also for the benifit of other ppl if we could make a list of things to do when you receive your new bike and things not to do. Maybe also things to do (or not) even after you have your bike (checking bike)

break the engine in, ride slow and smooth for a few hours, a retard friend of mine bought some dogy thing of ebay and rode it flat out all morning and found that his exhust pipe had melted and his engine is a total wreck. just some advice :)

You aren't supposed to run in the engine soft you are meant to run it in hard.

Sidney, there is like one guide on the net that says you should run it in hard.. if real bike brands like yamaha say take it easy.. You should.

check the whole bike 4 dodgy parts and replace stuff like chain and your oil after uv run it in get better bars 2

I would listen to this guy Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power instead of yamaha honda whatever. He knows what hes talking about. I rode in my old Ducar 125 slow and easy it blows smoke. I broke in my lifan 140 running it in hard... No smoke.

You trust Joe Blows guide to running in a bike compared to a world wide belief that you should take it slow? If taking it slow fucked up a bike or made it not as powerful as it could be, no one would do it.

i always run my bike in slow after a rebuild but thats usually because i dont spend the extra dollars getting the cylinder honed out. when i first got my 138cc lifan engine i thrashed the ass out of it as soon as the bike was out the crate, that was about 6months ago and still no problems all i have done is changed the oil and it still runs like a beast and has never missed a beat.

i ran mine in normal i didnt take it to slow and it was fine but some ppl have different methods run it in how u want to not wat ppl tell you

good find on that site :) its go sum interesting stuff, dunno if i agree on it all.. if it was so legit, why doesnt he hav companies backing him from these industries?? answer that one

You trust Joe Blows guide to running in a bike compared to a world wide belief that you should take it slow? If taking it slow fucked up a bike or made it not as powerful as it could be, no one would do it.

Do you think ricky carmichael and james stewart ride their bikes easy and slow for the first couple of tanks after every race when they rebuild there bikes? No. Why do bike brands tell people to not over rev brand new engines? Good question its the same type of question as why is Marijuana illegal? Thats the million dollar question.

demp the oil in it when you first get it like straight away and get some motul 10w40 oil into it

Last edited:
Do you think ricky carmichael and james stewart ride their bikes easy and slow for the first couple of tanks after every race when they rebuild there bikes? No. Why do bike brands tell people to not over rev brand new engines? Good question its the same type of question as why is Marijuana illegal? Thats the million dollar question.

Do Ricky Carmichael and James stewart ride Chinese bikes? They have quality bikes and quality parts.

Your right about the miarjuana question.. Its the best thing :D!

Latest posts

Back