Throttle stuck open?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
everytime i start the bike the throttle i stuck wide open is it a throttle cable because the throttle is very very loose and sensitive

The irony of your name is outstanding! Lol

Just a quick suggestion... Take your air filter off and check if your slide is all the way down.
If not it definitely could be your cable... Or your slide could be back to front.

Yeah i agree with cordog's, sound's like the slide is in the carby 180° out
There is a half moon shape on the bottom of the slide, it should face the air filter.
Undo the top of the carby and lift the slide out, turn it so it face's the other way and put it back together.

Should look something like this without the filter on

AE030_(10).jpg

Last edited:
thanks ill check it out tomorrow my throttle cable does seem messed up i am quite the mechanic xD

Hey i checked it out and it looks different not sure why but take a look 20160629_210135.jpg
my slide isnt all the way down do if i replace the cable will the issue be fixed?

Last edited:
Unbolt the carb from the manifold and unscrew the top where the cable comes in. Pull the slide out and turn it 180 degrees, making sure the slots/grooves in the slide line up with the ones in the carb body.

Have you tried turning the idle speed screw back out to drop the idle ?
Are you sure the throttle cable isn't kinked, or jammed between the number plate and frame, or tank etc ?
What about the cable, is it seated properly into the throttle at the top, and into the top of the carby ?

The idle speed screw is the one that has the spring behind it here inline with the centre slide tower

Free-Shipping-Motorcycle-font-b-Manual-b-font-throttle-font-b-PZ19-b-font-Hand-Choke.jpg

Latest posts

Back