Thumpstar 125 Performance Upgrades?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyG

Reaction score
Hi all, I own a 2014 Thumpstar TS-E 125cc pitbike. The only mods I've done thus far are racing CDI upgrade, new fuel lines and fuel filter, new unifilter angled air filter, pro taper tucker bars (in the mail soon), pro taper grips, new fuel pet**** (because I broke the old one), new exhaust gasket and heat wrapped the exhaust. I basically upgraded everything that was immediately affordable. I am eventually going to buy a new exhaust and front forks though for now I'm looking for any further relatively affordable performance upgrades I could do. Please help me!
IMG_2656.JPG

What carb are you running?

It's only a 125. Your only going to be able to get so much out of it before it would be better/more cost effective to just buy a new engine.

Id be upgrading forks and shock first, gpx black labels are the most affordable fork upgrade thats actually worth buying, 400 for the kit. A adjustable dnm will set you back between 100 to 280 depending on the model you buy. Engine wise, motormans right. A yx 160 would allow you to keep your exhaust, a z160ho would need a klx port exhaust. If you dont have that kinda cash, look qt the gpx hi compression 125, probably the best bang for your buck motor on the market atm

It's a 26mm standard mikuni carb. Worth getting a racing carb?
Ahh thanks buddy. I agree with you on the suspension, the thing rides like it doesn't have any. I'll source the funds and take your recommendations.

You have got all the basics down man! Carby is probably next step, them your looking into more engine work!

Here is the bike thus far, please give honest opinions! New pro taper clutch, new joker throttle, new crf50 plastics with the nose and tail shaved, new pro taper bars, all new bolts, new grips, clutch cable, throttle cable etc. Many more mods to do. IMG_2916.JPGIMG_2922.jpgIMG_2925.JPGIMG_2939.jpg

The front one? Yeah I was a bit iffy about it. I got the plastics from ebay not realizing they were extended fenders, meaning the nose and tail were full length, as in as long as they would be on a 250. Looked super silly so I cut them back so I could see the front wheel while riding.

Yea not a big fan of that fender too sorry mate.

May have to fix the fender tomorrow then, graft the front of my white CRF50 one on there. Could look dope. though APART FROM THE NOSE, thoughts?

Latest posts

Back