Thumpstar TSX 140cc vs DHZ Outlaw 150L

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koliilok

Reaction score
Hi All,

First time poster, long time lerker haha.

I don't want this to be a "what should i buy" thread but i'm having an issue so please hear me out.

I am looking for a big wheel bike, i have narrowed my search down to DHZ & Thumpstar, most specifically Thumpstar TSX 140 & DHZ Outlaw 150L. I don't race, jump or any of that, its mainly just for the bush and camping etc for a bit of fun, i will rec reg whatever i buy though.

Thumpstar: Thumpstar - TSX 140cc BW – Australia Bikes | Thumpstar

DHZ: DHZ OUTLAW150L - 17" Front / 14" Rear Wheel | Pit Bike |Dirt Bike

To put my questions into dot points...

- The Thumpstar comes with a YX140 & the DHZ says it comes with a GPX 150...is this
a YX, Lifan or something else & how does it stack up against a YX?

- Is there a difference in quality between the Thumpstar & DHZ?

- If you had the choice between the 2 bikes, which would you choose?

As i said i'm leaning more towards the Thumpstar, the company has been around a reasonable amount of time, i just like the look of the bike better, from what i have researched though, they didn't bring bikes into Australia for a few years which makes me wonder why.

I'm coming from Jap bikes but really didn't appreciate the price of parts & how ridiculous the price tag is to actually buy a bike made this century.

Thanks,

Corey

Hey man!

They are both pretty solid bikes for the type of riding you are looking at doing. The main thing is just to stay on top of maintenance and lock tight all your bolts.

I used to ride for Thumpstar and they are pretty good quality bikes for the price and i used to hit ramps and race it so it copped a flogging

Hope that helps a little if you are still in the market for a bike.

Lejae

Latest posts

Back