Tips, questions and answers about the new XenForo software.

Discussion in 'Announcement and Support' started by Angie, Jan 30, 2019.

Mini Dirt Bikes

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes:

1. Jan 30, 2019 #1

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member

Good morning
    Some members do not know how to post using this software so that is going to be the first tip I give you.

1. Find the forum that you think will best fit the topic of your question or information.

2. Click on the title of that forum, and it will open up to show you the existing threads of conversations. If one fits your topic, read it and then if you need more information post a reply asking for more help.

3. If you need to start your own thread of conversation, look at the top right of the forum you are in and under the top add you will find POST NEW THREAD.

upload_2019-1-30_11-21-17.png

4. That will open a horizontal box for a title and a large rectangle for the body of your message. Just fill those in.

5. At the bottom of that large box you can upload an image with the UPLOAD A FILE button, or you can just use the CREATE THREAD button to complete your new thread.

upload_2019-1-30_11-21-47.png

6. Congratulations, you have successfully posted your questions or information for the whole community to see and help you.

2. Jan 30, 2019 #2

Angie

Angie

Angie

Now the feature of this software that I most love is attaching images.

From your computer, phone or tablet get your message open in a new thread or reply. When you want to insert your image you can upload from your computer. Just find the Upload a File and it will allow you to browse in your gallery of images on your computer, phone, or tablet.

upload_2019-1-30_11-24-43.png

When the images has uploaded you can choose Thumbnail or Full Image. You will want Full Image.

upload_2019-1-30_11-25-44.png

Here is a thumbnail upload:

car in fayetteville.jpg

Now full sized

car in fayetteville.jpg

Not a mini I know, but it was a cool car I saw.

3. Jan 30, 2019 #3

Angie

Angie

Angie

One more thing about images in a post. You can right click copy and right click paste directly into a message.

[​IMG]

This is one I copied from a photo album and pasted into the message.

4. Jan 30, 2019 #4

Angie

Angie

Angie

One other important area of the web page for you to know and explore.

upload_2019-1-30_11-37-47.png

The little person icon is what you click on to get to your User Control Panel. You will find updating email and password. Signature, Avatar and Alert preferences. Preferences is one of the choices all of you should take a look at.

The envelope is what use to be a Private Message but this software calls it a "conversation" . When you have a new conversation (PM) you will see a number there and you can click on it to see your new ones or all of the conversations. Click on the envelope at any time to see:

upload_2019-1-30_11-50-37.png

Choose one and go on.

upload_2019-1-30_11-51-42.png

When you leave a conversation, that is "delete PM" type function. You will not see it any longer in your line up of conversations. You will be able to allow replies to show should the other party reply later, or you can block future replies to it. There is not a delete button.

Star Conversation makes them easier to find if they are important to you.

MotoXking_101 likes this.
  5. Mar 13, 2019 #5

AntNZ

AntNZ

AntNZ

no (search) option???

6. Mar 13, 2019 #6

Angie

Angie

Angie

Upper right hand corner where it says SEARCH. Be sure to check out advanced search that you can see.

upload_2019-3-13_15-59-10.png

When you click on the search

upload_2019-3-13_16-0-10.png

Be sure to click or clear the SEARCH THIS FORUM ONLY depending on what you are searching and where you want to search. Also the MORE brings up a more detailed search box.

7. Mar 13, 2019 #7

AntNZ

AntNZ

AntNZ

my bad angie...haha, just that used to the old site/software.

8. Mar 13, 2019 #8

Angie

Angie

Angie

No problem at all. New software is like a new arrangement of furniture, or Walmart moving the products around so you cannot find them. I'm happy to help you.