Tire Help New Junior Motard Racer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasbk justin

Reaction score
My 9 year old son will be racing a KLX110 this season. He'll be racing all road courses in the CMRA. What 12" front and rear tire do you guys recommend. I don't need the best, just something that will make a whole season. I looked at Pirell Diablos and Bridgestones but I also have heard of some not so common names like Mitas, Sava and PMT. What do you guys recommend. The wheels are Gator rims 12"x2.15" and 12"x2.50. Thanks in advance

Hey sasbk justin, welcome to miniriders.

I was in a similar position as you about 6 months ago looking for tyres!

Sava's are pretty good, but PMT's are probably the best you will get. There are different compounds and most the guys in the UK/Europe run PMT's and a few of the boys here have them too. They're an AWESOME tyre and probably the stickiest! As far as life, not sure how long they last...If you get a PMT-M (medium) my mates are running them here and they're pretty good, done hundreds of laps on them.

I personally went for the Dunlop TT93.

Really love this tyre. Similar grip to the PMT's, but i feel as if the PMT's warm up a little quicker and can be a bit stickier. The Dunlop's I heard do give more life. Our track is about 500m long in total.
(Google Maps)
I've done hundredes of laps, probably around 500-600 there and no issues at all. Plenty of life in my tyres.

**EDIT** I found my post for tyres.
http://www.miniriders.com/minimotards/41962-motard-tyres.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back