Tire Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warners.90

Reaction score
I'm after some honest opinions on tires, and i'm surprised there isn't already a thread on it.

I ride a DPRO160 and at the moment it is running the standard tires, but every time i've gone out i've had a puncture (i run my pressures around 20psi). Not to mention their standard rear tire on that bike its pretty narrow and it really struggles to pick up traction.

While every store i've spoken to push their own stock and slam all the other stuff. I'm aware Innova make a wide track 12inch tyre, but i been told no where is australia stock it.

What i'm after is a tire thats as tough as guts and won't struggle for track to much on a kind of rubbly, loose surface.

Has anyone got any suggestions on makes and models that won't let me down constantly? And possibly some online shops?

not sure if these are what your talking about Innovoa Tough Gear-R 12" Front 10" Rear Tyre & Tube | Mini Bikes | Pitbikes | Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories | DHZ Mini Moto
i think iv heard people say they wear really quick, so not real good for trail riding..

kenda have a big range in tyres.. the washougal (spelling) seem to be pretty good, millvilles and carlsbad tyres are kinda average except the carlsbad rear tyres are good for wear.. last ages..

then theres the more expensive brands like dunlop, bridgestone, IRC etc

are you using a rim lock? if ya not that might be ya problem there?

If you havent get a rim lock. You can then run much lower pressures which will allow the tire to mold to the surface more.
When i was on dirt, Kenda Carslbad was what i used, didnt try other brands, but, found them hard waring and grippy.
Not sure what pressure i was running but could push down in the middle of the tire and put a fair dent in it. I would say around 12-15psi

was runnin carlsbads on my last bike and personally found them average, lots of wheelspin on soft stuff and the front just felt like it was gonna wash out if i pushed it.

just fitted a set of Dunlop MX-31's on the new bike, have not had much of a ride with them yet but they seem a great improvement, if your riding the harder stuff go the MX-51's for better wear, my bike is lucky to get ridden a dozen times a year so i am happy to have the better grip for more wear.

thats just my opinion anyway...

Last edited:
I've got a rim lock on there, I was told by Brian at east fifties to run them at 25psi, and by my mates to run them at 15. so i've ran them at variety of different pressures and they've still been fukin hopeless. ATM the bike has just got the stock cheap and cheerful yuan xaun or whatever it is called on it.

was runnin carlsbads on my last bike and personally found them average, lots of wheelspin on soft stuff and the front just felt like it was gonna wash out if i pushed it.

just fitted a set of Dunlop MX-31's on the new bike, have not had much of a ride with them yet but they seem a great improvement, if your riding the harder stuff go the MX-51's for better wear, my bike is lucky to get ridden a dozen times a year so i am happy to have the better grip for less wear.

thats just my opinion anyway...

Where did you get these from? Sounds like just the tyre for me.

I've had a look at those threads and they weren't of too much use. The one of most use refer to the Vee tyres, but the elstar website which was linked to the tyres, doesn't appear to stock them any more.

I've been told the maxis tyres are worth looking at, but I've had bad experiences with maxis on my push bike so i'm not exactly rushing back into it. But i'd like to know from someone with an unbias opinion.

Does anyone know what the bridgestone M404's are like?

yer i find the carlsbads very average and will never run them again . last long is the only good thing going for them .

I run the Mx 31's i think there called . found them awesome front and rear for 12-14 inch .

On hard pack dirt and alot of power they can rip the knobs off fairly easy tho.

Hey mate,
I have run the Kenda (millville), Bridgestone and Innova. And I would say bridgestone has it all over the kenda tyres, and the innova front tyre gets good traction so far but not sure about wearing capabilities as it has only seen one ride so far...

Go to your local peter stevans shop if you want bridgestone they stock them usually.

Bridgestone rear cost me $45 and the innova front was #$50.

Latest posts

Back