To bigfoot or not to bigfoot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie452003

Reaction score
Thought it was about time i got my first bike as ive been riding my partners.
I dont want a bike too big to start with but someone told me the bigger the wheels the smoother the ride. they also told me that it would be better if i get one with an electric start as well as kick start. i figure for size, a bigfoot would be perfect with the smaller frame and bigger wheeels, but i havnt as yet come across one with both starts. Any input would be great as i dont know bikes that well, just love to ride. it would be easy riding, no jumps or anything. Im not a big person either so weight would be apx... 65kg maybe. i just need a cheap bike atm. reckon im going to fall alot! :)

Last edited:
hey mate ive got a big foot and its great u just fly over the bumps and woops and dont even feel em and my friend has a small wheel and were i think its just normal road i look at my mate and hes getting thron around haha funny for me.. u can just buy one with just a kickstart and then buy electro start and install it yourself... idk about other bikes but mine has the plug hanging there (160cc reign Bigfoot)

I have a PitPro Xr 150 its a pretty good size for me. I mean im approx 5'8 or 9.

But a bigfoot would be better if your taller than me.

Bigfoot:
Pros-
-Way better for rocky and bumpy terrain.
-bigger bike can be more comfy for longer rides.
-Better for sandy or muddy riding because the wheels are bigger, andyou can push through it better.
-Better at a faster speed, the bigger tyres makes it more stable.

Cons-
-It kinda looks out of preportion.
-Some tracks dont allow them because they are bigger than a normal pitbike.(thats only what i have heard)

Small wheel
Pros-
-Better if you like the midsized look.
-doesn't hurt asmuch if you fall off because your lower to the ground. Hahah
-Smaller bike to clean. Haha
-looks better (only my opinion)

Cons-
-you feel the bumbs and rocks way more. (ok if your riding flat tracks.)
-Bad if your riding in sand.
-Can be a bit cramped if your a bigger rider.

The easiest way to decide on a bike is to find people with these two types of bikes and test them both out. Compare the two prices and the way they feel when you ride them.

Dont rush into buying a bike because the last thing you want to do is to buy a bike and then a month later your like i wish i had a bigger bike.

I hope you chose the right one for your style of riding. :)

Cheers Jono

Thanks guys youve been a great help :) I look forward to going and testing some bikes now i know a lil about them!

Latest posts

Back