To strap or not to strap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulhenry

Reaction score
What kind of straps does everyone use? I have seen people use straps with a carabiner attached to the end so that the hook doesn't fall off while towing, which makes perfect sense but I was wondering what people think of the cam buckle style over the ratchet style. I'm sure that the cam buckle ones are fine and I bet that they are quicker to do up, but are they safe? They seem a bit risky to me. Let me know what you do and what works for you. Thanks, Paul.

lay em on their side in the back of the ute/van and let em slide! thats my technique!

open the windows and dont light up any smokes during the drive :D

or carry a bale of hay for ballast/support.

or even...just ride down the road!

um...when pushed, i always resort to rope and truckies knots, they work. i hate ratchet straps, every time i see someone using them they leave them half c0cked so theyre liable to let go... close them down so theyre locked and wrap the loose end around the handle so they CANT undo!

Haha. Thanks for the reply headsmess. Thats how I got it home when I first brought it. Didn't seem to hurt it.

i use cam buckles, never had one fail, if you use a fork support it keeps the whole thing solid and drama free

Latest posts

Back