Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlts

Certified Computer Nerd
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Starting a thread on behalf of my brother and his current build.

Got a PSTO tl140 roller for a decent price here in Brissy and it pretty much went from there:

Brought the roller home, and ripped her apart straight away:

IMG_2825_zps48b01464.jpg

IMG_2826_zps25f73f85.jpg

Parts that we are gonna keep were cleaned up nicely and arranged extravagantly in the garage :)

IMG_2833_zpsb6d6687d.jpg

IMG_2834_zps08edf70d.jpg

Wheels have been won and will pick up this week:

wheels_zps56600dc6.jpg

Still to come LXR Swingarm and an engine !!

Yer I reckon, I was very impressed with it. Frame, suspension, plastics, etc were all sweet. Just a few rusty Chinese bolts which are gone now haha. I have ordered a $30 list of hi-tensile zinc plated bolts, nuts and washers to replace the bike in its entirety.

The seat looks the good carlts with that pattern mate. Apart from engine and swinger i guess you will be re-installing some bits and making a start.

Yer the seat is sweet. The chinese do crack me up though, has PSTO embossed on the seat cover and then underneath on the plastic it has the PitsterPro logo.

Assembly should start tomorrow night, as I am picking up bolts, wheels tomorrow, but I need needle bearings for the head-stem. Do you have any Mick?

Motovert Swingarm, and head-stem bearings have been ordered.

Getting places. Just need the engine bottom end now :)

Second hand swinger, payed half of what a brand new would be. After one ride it will be second anyway, and they are tough as nails these alloy linkage swingers.

Motovert Swingarm, and head-stem bearings have been ordered.

Getting places. Just need the engine bottom end now :)

let me know how the motovert linkage and what not fits and feels... i reckon it would go nice on my pitpro

Second hand swinger, payed half of what a brand new would be. After one ride it will be second anyway, and they are tough as nails these alloy linkage swingers.

I might have to do the Same for my psto lol

^^ If your PSTO TL140 has the original steel swingarm it would probably be a good idea. Lets_ride had his crack and then a rear wheel go through his muffler. Unfortunately you'd have to get brand new from Motorbike City, but if your patient and you make a Want To Buy thread I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Yeah I might save and go for a new I've and rear shock. I'll defs be watching the thread to see what you and your bro do!

Should be an interesting build. First TTR and linkage style bike I've worked on and will be the first one I ride too hahah

Feel free to throw in any pointers people, ideas are appreciated!! :)

Picked up the High Tensile Zinc Plated bolts to replace the entire bike :)

Still to buy is new bearings for wheels and linkage and the engine of course....

Currently on the way is:

Motover Swingarm
Headstem Bearings
Exhuast Clamp
Mudflap
$T2eC16ZHJG8E9nyfoT68BRIdCdzLMg~~60_3.JPG

More pictures to come, Saturday will be build phase 1 at this stage :)

Right guys,

Sorry for a sincere lack of pictures, next post will have some I promise :)

Things are going to get interesting around here though....
...going to pick up a yx160 on Monday (kudos needapitty)
and we will hopefully have the swinger here on Monday too...

Stay tuned folks

Sorry mate i missed the post about headstem bearings, did you order the 22.0 and 23.5 bearings?
Whats the other two guards in the pic with the mud guard?

How much did the yx160 cost ya bud.

The exhaust clamp got posted early in the week lad.

Hey Mick,

Yeah got a 22 and 23.5 tapered bearing from motorbike city with the swingarm.

The two other guards hang down off the swingarm and stop mud from getting onto the linkage (look at this picture: http://minibikeparts.co.uk/images/P/IMG_3786.JPG)

The yx160 will cost me peanuts brand new from needapitty, legend for giving it to me for that price!

Thanks for the exhaust clamp mate, I'll let you know when it arrives (with some pictures of it on the build ;) )

Cheers,
Carlton

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back