Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe, I like it!

You could always keep your eye out for a Motovert/PSTO if you are after something a little cheaper ;)

This build has produced nothing but closed doors at this stage haha as to be expected.

I will chuck up some piccies of the engine in tonight,

the exhaust we have is a crf bend and fitment so it doesn't work with the yx160.

So adding a klx bend pipe to the list for the build now too :)

Pics soon I promise :)

Hey mate how far off is the exhaust? Could you re locate the mounts on the sub frame, heat and bend to fit or add another gasket.
My yx150 is a crf bend and I think from memory my yx160 is aswell, a little tip I was taught was the if the inlet valve is level with the barrel then its a crf bend and if it angled to the barrel it's a klx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

cheers dude, we replaced the yx head with a gpx head. If the yx160 head uses a crf pipe then a swap back will work??

cheers dude, we replaced the yx head with a gpx head. If the yx160 head uses a crf pipe then a swap back will work??

Oh ok I forgot about the mutant engine haha, it should work as long as the inlet is level with the barrel theory I'm pretty sure they have made some that are crf and some that are klx so if your lucky, but would be easier to just get a new exhaust anyways I reckon. Good luck either way you go.
Cant wait to see it all together mate your brother must be getting pretty excited now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

^^ Thanks for the advice mate, the old head has the same exhaust type :(

Well I suppose I am in need of a klx pipe, I have a crf bend pipe I am happy to swap with some doing the Daytona Anima engine swap :)

Hey guys,

Few things happening, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves and
cheers to Timeeh for the bar swap and Josh for the engine. Much better proportion ; )

IMG_3064_zps93658cb0.jpg

IMG_3058_zpsc35ce5d5.jpg

IMG_3072_zps77f52aed.jpg

IMG_3068_zps5ed529b8.jpg

IMG_3063_zpsafc717d7.jpg

IMG_3070_zps0a385ee3.jpg

IMG_3061_zpsec60f24d.jpg

IMG_3065_zpscb89953c.jpg

^^ Thanks for the advice mate, the old head has the same exhaust type :(

Well I suppose I am in need of a klx pipe, I have a crf bend pipe I am happy to swap with some doing the Daytona Anima engine swap :)

Im interested in the pipe mate can you send me some pictures of it ??

Very nice Carlts. This thing looks so clean-jealous!

Latest posts

Back