Trains's Atomik Comp L 160 Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trains

Reaction score
I decided it was time to jump on the band wagon (or train) and do a progress log on my comp L. I have some pretty big plans for this bike and it will hopefully end up looking awesome!

When i bought the bike it wasnt in super bad shape, it really just needed some tlc (and new tyres because the old ones were wheelied on and burnt out to the max). Thanks to Snaptrax for donating some old tyres to the noble cause.
I am currently running some random rear wheel because when i bought the bike there were about 6 snapped spokes (this is why obesity is bad) and threw the whole wheel out. I need to get it balanced.

Here is the bike a few days ago after a decent clean.
IMAG0246
Loco and Myself took a trip down to Atomik in Dandenong this morning and i went a bit crazy with the spending. I bought a few little things and ill keep you updated as they are installed.
First thing is i bought a TB button filter (49mm) to fit onto my oko flat slide. While riding last week i tore my old, big one. So the small filter should stop that.
IMAG0289 by

I also grabbed myself a new linkage as the other one was cactus.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/vyQhST]
IMAG0285

Same with the chain roller (As shown below)
IMAG0290

So i went about installing it but found that the new one i bought was different to the old one. With a hacksaw i chopped down the spacer and then with a home made lathe (cordless drill and a file) I trued it up and made it look pretty.
IMAG0291

In the end it turned out pretty nice.
IMAG0292
IMAG0293

another update will be up soon!

nice build, with that tb filter keep an eye on the foam around the spring, mine always wore a hole through it pretty quickly, putting something soft around the spring might fix that problem.

You have been hanging out with Zach too long mate.

Already got you on the spokey dokes!!! hahahaha

Looks good mate.

hahahahahahaha!!!! love the spokey dokes! after i true up the rear wheel it will also have them.

Update:
A few little things happening.
Got some new plastics ready to recieve new graphics once theyre all designed.
Hydraulic clutch is in the works
New linkage is all ready. nice and red and shiny and red. (the little things help)

It has been a while since any real work has gone into the Comp L. This kit should make it look amazing. Still need a new seat to match and ill be happy with the aesthetics of the bike.
275 PILAT MINI BIKE.jpg

also gave it an awesome clean the other day and installed heat wrap so i dont burn my new riding pants.IMAG0441.jpg
IMAG0444.jpg

Yep painted it myself :) looks pretty good i reckon. I need to learn how to true wheels. I have a matching rear wheel waiting to be done.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Yeah mate came up a treat!!

I have tried and failed at wheel truing. If you have a jig that's the key.

$30 a push bike shop will do it for you.

Truing the wheel's isn't that hard.
Get yourself a good spoke wrench too.
I modified one of these old bike training stand's to hold the wheel using a standard pit bike axle, and just g clamp an old plastic or wooden ruler to the frame so it sit's just off the rim
Basically just need to unbolt the friction drum and use the frame.
You can pick them up really cheap secondhand on gumtree/ebay etc, or new i've seen them for $30 at the cheap shop's etc

images

spoke-wrench.jpg

I may have to try this!!! Thanks for the advice!

I was able to get all the graphics except the fork guards onto the plastics. (Pictured below excl. Rear and front fenders). Cant wait to get this stage of the work on this bike done. A new double oil cooler bracket has been drawn up in AutoCAD and is ready to cut and weld.
01f0b65404c2d1d37d2dcb756dd3ac25.jpg

It seems that i cant find dnm hornet fork guards. I will just sand down the fork guards with a fine grit sandpaper to remove any burrs and high spots from scratches. Here is a picture of the bike currently.
de8db345a2b759a52d4ab62fff268612.jpg

Today i also picked up the next addition to the bike. A TB V2 head!!!! I cant wait to get it on.
13752a6f752f0bd5b8637574333a9ab4.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1442069422676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1442069422676.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13
Nice, but what's with the heavy weight stator, or is that for another bike ?
I'd use one of these it will give you quicker throttle response, less kick back as well so better for your kick start gear's.
Magneto Stator Plate Flywheel Roller YX 150cc 160cc PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike | eBay

You can respray the plastic fork guard's if you want, Rustoleum paint from Bunning's can be used on plastic and come's in a good colour range, and it's only $11 a pressure pack

Yeah it seems atomik had the wrong one for me. I will probably put it on until i can grab another one. For the price i paid im not super fussed. But yeah i will be grabbing a lighter one

Just thinking, what cdi are you using just a stock 5 pin ?

i decided not to install the big flywheel, ill exchange it if Atomik have them (spoke to them already) but if not ill get a refund and go to Blygo.
Im running the stock cdi so im guessing its a 5 pin.

I got the time to return to Atomik and swap the flywheel and magneto over. I was told these are what theyre running in the new yx160s? I didnt believe that. But anyways i got it swapped over free of charge.
Here is what it all looks like :)
ce8f2cda8d737905b776219f39cbfd1f.jpg

53010473e84d34ab63452068d5fdd980.jpg

Next i need to order a top end gasket kit from Classic Honda 50s and put the new head on. Im running an oko 28mm flatslide but might eventually upgrade to a pwk28 as kosta has one and i love flatslide carbs.

Latest posts

Back