Trains's Atomik Comp L 160 Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GUYYYYYSSS this is a thread of love :) calm down hahaha. its all personal opinion i guess. you wouldnt notice it much until the higher revs most likely anyways. and worked 160s rev higher than most daytona's do so that's probably why its more noticable. I discovered how expensive spark plugs for these things are!

GUYS I NEED YOUR OPINIONS! Black or really dark Gray rocker cover?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

High gloss Black would look more Sinister !
Or go Red if you want, i reckon that'd fit in better with your Sinister graphic's, same colour as your linkage.
I don't mind if it's the same colour as mine

Hmmm im going powder coat so i wasnt planning on gloss. I want the bike to be more black than red and the seat cover im getting will have a bit of red in it. What colour is yours?

Satin Black would look good, and then carefully sand back and polish the Japanese Daytona writing.

moteur_daytona_190c_anima_2.0_road.jpg

Could even paint the whole engine satin black like Ringos' Tonelli ?

images

Last edited:
Hmmmm ill have a look. What sort of map should i be running?

Im running a spitfire ,not sure if it is an improvement but what the heck for $20 l installed one... Regarding the mapping ,l carried out about 2 hours of riding last weekend and still would like to test a little more before l comment .. I will be doing many hours over the Victoria labour day weekend and will be testing most maps with engine temps and results applicable to the type of riding l do.. so far im finding variable gains in certain gears..

Yeah leaning towards satin black. China911 i'd definitely love to see a thread about this!

The atomik is running again! Upped the rev limit to 12200 from 11500 too. I dont really need anything higher than that at this point in time. Some exciting things happening in the next week. Picking up some Engi forks either tomorrow or Wednesday and also a nice set of wheels as the wheel bearings in the front are munted (guess too many big jumps...). Now all that is left for me to be happy is oil coolers, bash plate and a ribbed seat cover :)

I looked at the ignition timing too, all still set to standard timing, no adjustments made

Stock rpm setting on the anima will be more than right .. wont make anymore power after 9000...

still curious on seeing the new braaap 190 having a 2 way selectable map switch .Be interested on which 2 out of 4 has been used...

Temperature over the long weekend in Victoria is about 27 degrees , warm but hopefully not until the after noon.

keen on testing different ignition curves.

I found that upping the limiter from stock to 12500 was a great improvement. Still pulled and i was a little bit faster around tracks as i didnt have to shift gears as often.

I run a tall 17 /35 and never hit the limiter as the grass track l ride on is a high speed track .. when l first rode on stock sprockets it would hit the limiter immediately ... lm looking for a little more punch out of the bends . That's were the timing comes in.. Top speed wise it can hold its own and 3/4 gears are strong upper rev range . l feel with my body weight it lags a little ,especially if l mess up my corner speed ...

Last edited:
Ahh Im running a 16/39 ratio for more mx sand tracks and having power when i need it.
I suppose its more of a preference thing as some people have ridden my bike and not liked the way the power came on.
Im a large guy too so my bike needs that little bit more power out of corners haha.

Forks have been sitting for almost a year, unused so theyre still a bit notchy at the start of compression. I hope that is just from lack of use. Otherwise ill have to pull it apart and have a looky.

some say the engios are a bit harsh .. l run low psi and feel the front works well for me ... l run 12 out on rebound and 12 out on compression .. bike seems to work well over jumps and go were l point it .. Michelin ms3 are nice too.

Nice, are they in the Atomik tripple's ?
My fork's are borderline too hard for me (70kg), i reckon maybe just an oil change and use some 5W fork oil and see how they feel.

Ive ridden Snaptrax's LXR with Engi forks and i fell in love, just need to set these up. I have no idea how the internals of these forks work, are they simply air filled? Or are they nitrogen filled? Yeah im running Dunlop mx52s and love them. Craig theyre the standard triples that come with the Atomik Comp L's :) hmmm youre the same as me. Im about 70kg but also 6'3". Ive got some 5w oil at home. Might have to try that. Do you know how much oil goes in these?

Latest posts

Back