Trains's Atomik Comp L 160 Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The engi's are a dual cartridge fork, they don't run a nitrogen bladder
I'd run 80mm from the top and see how that goes, make sure you clean the lower stack as well as you can as their will most likely be a sludge type consistency oil in there, if you're not keen on pulling the seals off just spray the crap out of the internals with b/clean and keep working the inner dampener up and down and emptying the old fluid out, then let the b/clean dry either an air compressor on just let it sit, then refill and bleed the dampener to get any air out of the lower stack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is why we love you damo <3 i used the brake cleaner method on my dnm hornets.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Okaayyy!!! Bike is back to its fully operational state! Thanks Snaptrax (Zach) for the help! Keen for a ride on monday.
Spokey dokes are also back on :)
f7692ffe75157b85440178a0fb43d1c2.jpg

Looks a bit weird without the bashplate??

Apart from that nice. +Reps for spokey dokes

Hahaha. Spokey dokes for days.

Might try and find a nice bash plate for it in my spares.

Guys, im after a decent dual oil cooler set up, can anybody recommend anything at a low price? Im a bit tight on cash right now but need coolers..

All my parts came yayyyyy!!!!!
Also i have a ycf bash plate not in the picture and a new seat with gpx gripper cover on it.
Now to draw and make up the new oil cooler bracket to suit.
06faf36feda4e4a8e316f9645ede1e68.jpg

Okay, getting the oil cooler bracket all drawn up so i can start cutting.
46c4542672641bdac783658d956c7b24.jpg

Are they the oil coolers dhz sell trains?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
Yup! They have a very odd finish on them. I think they might be dirt magnets. Otherwise pretty good build quality.
Im currently in the process of pulling all the old stuff out, changing the timing chain over and dropping in all the new stuff

New timing chain in! Engine all checked over and valve clearances all done. Top end is all A1 now.
Still no spark so ill have to pull the multimeter out and suss it out

I have the stator reading's in my Braaap thread if you need something to compare them to
I think i should add them on to the Testing pit bike stator's thread in the electrical section too

Edit; ^^ done
Check out the bottom section of the first post here

Last edited:
I have the stator reading's in my Braaap thread if you need something to compare them to
I think i should add them on to the Testing pit bike stator's thread in the electrical section too

Edit; ^^ done
Check out the bottom section of the first post here

Thanks heaps man! ill probably get onto that tomorrow. otherwise new stator it is....

Okay, the oil coolers are all mounted up and all the oil lines are made up.
022f3037752c29554e922f9ac7e0f9f8.jpg

Also i tested the readings from the stator. They were alll out of whack so i bought another stator.
Source coil: 195ohm
Trigger coil: 235ohm

So here is my new stator.
eb14ffdf0a8401311eb71fe48b207002.jpg

c281d1e2e478a1b928371bc5d2370595.jpg

Tis for the moment embarrassingly.... it's just what came with it so after i get it all running reliably ill start changing up bling parts.

Looking very clean now
So is it just the black rocker cover to go ?
Why don't you just paint it with VHT Satin or gloss black engine enamel, that way if you don't like it you can paint strip it and it's back to alloy again

Ill end up powder coating the rocker cover because of the abuse they take. Ive got some high temp paint but ive decided not to use it

Latest posts

Back