Transmission issues - Lifan 100cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullett

Reaction score
I purchased an LF 100GY-B with the Lifan 100cc engine. It seems the transmission pops out second gear whenever its under a heavy load, like going up a hill. I also have a real issue trying to find neutral once the engine has warmed up.

Any ideas on what is causing the issue and what I can do to resolve it?

Uh, its a chinese bike?! HAHAAH. Nah, just kidding.

Sounds like the gearbox dogs might be a bit worn on second gear and its jumping out of gear that way.
Or possibly the shifter selecter drum is worn or not quite designed/machined right so the forks and springs are not quite doing their job correctly.

As for resolving it, you'll really have to pull the box down to see if its one of these problems. However it may not be, i'm sure some other boys will get on here and contradict what i've said.

Good luck.

Matty

yeah yeah, I know... :D

I bought the bike new and it has a about 5 hours on it.

how much you pay,
personally i wouldnt even bother and buy a 140cc or 125cc engine.

but that doesnt really help, so yeh do what matty said and pull it apart and have a look,

matty are you a mechanical engineer or student?

Tubes,

I'm both!! I finished my mechanical engineering undergraduate course at uni last year but this year i am doing a post graduate masters course part time.

I also work for a company 3 days a week who do electrical and automation engineering. In otherwords, big factorys with lots of conveyors and stuff, instead of manual labour doing the loading of the conveyors, we design/program robots to do it automatically. Quite interesting but not what i want to do for the rest of my life.

My major mechanical experience has come over the last 3 years at uni being involved with the Formula SAE. Uni students build a small open wheel racing car (basically a scaled down formula ford) with a 600cc engine capacity limit. last year i was the head engineer of the team hence most of the car was designed by me. Very good experience for a young mech eng.

I had Prop with the black lifan engine to click 3rd or 4th and would just rev then would have to go down a gear for it to click in again.

Ive got a 125 lifan motor thats pretty fresh as well and it likes to pop out of second. I have been told to wait for the gears to start lapping onto each other first before stressing about it. It seems to be a good reason to buy an all up bike though they dont seem to have the trouble. mine 1 down 3 up.

Oh yeah dont worry about hard to find neutral its a china bike youll get used to it. You just have to use the force.

Where can i get transmission parts for my x rage 100cc dirtbike

Latest posts

Back