Tricks of the trade

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers boys ,got any more that ya know of? .lol tim i spent all that time and effort cutin my igntion cover to smash it the first ride .sweet

lol yeh that sucked...bike didnt start again had to push it home because you broke more then the cover :( ...can always reply on the DUCAR:cool: haha still running strong:D ....fun day though riding after the crazy storm and flooding lol...only could ride about 1/4 of the bush because there was trees down everywhere:eek:

yer that would be the inside should have mentioned :eek:
I asked cause i have seen some really nicely polished carbs and manifolds on monkey bikes and such.
For the inside of the manifold, it is usual to hone the casting using 80 grit rolls until the surface and bore is uniform. Also to do the plastic adapter and match them together perfectly with the carb and inlet port. No polish.

so to match port the manifold all i have to do is grind the inside of the manifold and the plastic spacer to the same size as the carby and make the other end the same size as the head? and i use my dremal and an 80grit sanding roll?

with a lot of chinas, take the exhaust off and you will notice a very dodgy weld in the start of the exhaust pipe. it is very restrictive. grind that out with a dremmel thingo and it will take away a huge restriction in your pipe.

what about how to fix the kitchen sink?????
lol
good work guys, nice to see all the experts chipping in, but it is a REALLY old thread so it probably dont matter much no-more

Use Grease

If you put grease all over the head port and the bottle cap ypu can wipe it all out when you are finished. Any swarf etc will be caught in the grease.

I have heard not to polish the intake manifold... apparently the litlle holes and things help it to mix the air and fuel... i have heard this of a bloke that tunes motors and makes them go verry fast lol....correct me if im wrong though.
Cheers

A couple of good tips from the bike boy! Go down to your local motorbike shop and for around $15 you can get a cable oiling alloy attachment. Great for lubing the clutch cable and if you feel generous get one of those little wire attachments for your back brake lever.( stops the brake from bending out if you catch it on a tyre or a rock etc. Small price for better maintenance. Also when tightening you back or front wheels, spin the wheel and hit the brake and hold it on. Tighten the axle nut and now your pads are aligned with the disc. Cheeries

Another little trick seeing were all playing with dremils..i call them porting tool or die grinders ...the ignition pick up coil (the little black plasic box) ,thats under your ignition cover,close to the front sprocket has 2 screews holding it into place remove it and make the 2 holes oval by filing or using you dremil so you can slide or move the pickup coil towards the rotation of the flywheel..which will advance your ignition timing...to move the pick up coil even futher you will need to remove some of the alloy legs of the stator plate were the sreews go into..at the end of all that, before you retention the 2 sceews ...on the flywheel there is a small round dimple that passes that black pick up coil , make sure there is a gap of a business card thickness between them... then tention the 2 screews...you will gain about 3-4 derees in igntion timing giving you more throttle responce, it will get rid of flat spots in your carby and it will reve up cleaner and quicker. However if you have some cash..buy a inner ignition rotor kit i think their about a 100 bucks .Another trick get a cdi box off a chinese 50cc four stroke mini bike and plug it in your 125cc,140cc,150cc, pit machine (this only works if the electrical plug is the same conection) you will gain 2-3000 rpm higher reves....

And another little trick..remove your ignition coil...buy a car ignition coil i used the Bosch GT40RT Super Sports coil cost 20 bucks on e-bay..
the spark now is so strong it jumps from the spark plug to earth nearly an inch , just with one kick ...so it gives a better explosion in your combustion chaimber(when you piston gets pushed down in the cylinder) giving you more torque and the bike starts much easier.. :)

Attachments

• 7e61_1.jpg
    7e61_1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 127
May be an old thread but browsers like yours truly will search and find so all tips and secrets are awesome :D .....go you good thing:rolleyes:

correct me if im wrong but this is what im planning on doing to my mso pit pro 140
port and polish the intake manifold
clean up the inside of the exhaust manifold so its not rugged
and add a inner rotor kit
are there any dissadvantages in doing this other then a slightly less life of the lifan motor.
Will this make my bike go considerably noticibly harder

Latest posts

Back