unit skycraft

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadful

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to the skycraft ??

Are they gunna build it or what ??

As far as i know dreadful they are still developing it but it is getting closer to at least a proto build...
I wish the lads all the best with it...
But i don't know why it would be better than what the lads already like to jump fmx with and while i was working for them i wasn't even told to much about it...
Cheers
Big Leigh

Cheers mate , yeah I hope they build it too .

wats skycraft?

It's a purpose built freestyle bike google sycraft in google images and you will see a few thumbnails.Can't find a link.

It's a good idea, but i don't under stand why it was such a big thing!
many people have made plans of a FMX bike. (spose it was the only one in the mags)

i Heard TP was testing a bar spinable machine.

Pastrana has already been involved in the development of the bar spinning bike. He used it in X games 05 and ripped the front end off on landing trying a backflip barspin.

He then went back with the builders and they repaired it and strengthened all the welds and they got it working.

He landed several flip spins up in Washington, the same place he first landed the double flip.

And Dale comes through with the goods...
If Pastrana is involved then you know the development of a product is on the money but i don't think that is the same as the Skycraft is it?

No, it wasn't anything to do with Unit or the skycraft that I know. It was one of his RM250s that an engineering workshop used to build mock up after mock up on and test ect ect.

Basically it was an RM with a BMX giro front end, and that's basically what the builders tried to replicate. It was really an impressive piece of work.

Yeah I saw the barspin to snap but didn't know he pulled it

As for the skycraft I was interested in the centalization of weight and small tank ....and grabholes where tank was ....
just a perfectly balanced freestyle machine

I still hope they make it .

I think they will make it eventually but I really can't see them doing any damage and taking any attention away from the 4 Jap brands and KTM.

I think the only way they will sell a lot is if they're around the same price as the others to start with. Plus they would have to make it able to be customised to each rider like current FMX bikes.

I guess it's all really speculation until we all see one in person anyway.

Latest posts

Back