Using 2 stroke for pit bike racing?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMW

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a 2 stroke fan looking into pit bike racing at my local track (fort lytton, Brisbane) and wondering if you are allowed to race two strokes? I'm thinking a ktm 65 sx. I only weigh 60kg's so i'm a light dude. My other option is a pitster pro lxr 155 if I go for the 4 stroke.

cheers

cant race 2 strokes in pit bike class bud

Well technically you could if they made a horizontal 2 banger motor. That's the only limitation.

So you could race a Yamoto/Jianshe PY80?
It would need a lot of upgrades on the engine/suspension etc to keep up with the pit bikes though

js80py-blue.jpg

3678803006a6869088708l.jpg

Yeah according to the rules you could but they do vary a bit depending on event.

Fast 50's MA rules are any horizontal motor.

You would get owned on that thing though. lol

Hey guys, I'm a 2 stroke fan looking into pit bike racing at my local track (fort lytton, Brisbane) and wondering if you are allowed to race two strokes? I'm thinking a ktm 65 sx. I only weigh 60kg's so i'm a light dude. My other option is a pitster pro lxr 155 if I go for the 4 stroke.

cheers

There is a whole bunch of racing kicking off in SE Qld and Northern NSW. The two biggest classes are going to be the "stock" classes, with "stock 50" and "stock 110" attracting big numbers at the moment, which is great to see as that is what mini's are about !! CRF 110 or a KLX 110 with a set of bars, and you are away. At 60kg you are going to have a massive advantage over most as well. But, no, you wont be allowed to race a 65 SX in any mini bike race !!

Yeah go for the Pitsterpro LXR Z155Ho option for sure !

Latest posts

Back