V2 heads

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIMP50

Reaction score
Can i put a V2 head on a stock yx150 ?? will the piston hit the vavles or will it all be ok ? cheers fellas

yeah im guessing due to the bigger valves the piston needs bigger valve reliefs.
i just bought a complete yx 160 with v2 roller head and big bore kit fitted, its blown up with a massive hole in the piston and a bent conrod.

im guessing the big bore kit piston wasnt compatible with the head and it broke the exhaust valve off and destroyed everything in its path

yeah im guessing due to the bigger valves the piston needs bigger valve reliefs.
i just bought a complete yx 160 with v2 roller head and big bore kit fitted, its blown up with a massive hole in the piston and a bent conrod.

im guessing the big bore kit piston wasnt compatible with the head and it broke the exhaust valve off and destroyed everything in its path

haha, that would have been good pick up

Hi

From the TB Parts Info:

The V2 head will not work with the stock YX/GPX pistons. We recommend getting the TBW9028 kit in this section that includes the piston and a gasket kit. If you don't use one of our newly modified pistons, check your clearances very carefully and modify your piston's reliefs to clear the bigger valves, if need be.

Cheers

Jaimie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back