Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a grinder to take on side right down to almost nothing, wedge a flat headin thereto break whats left and bam chain is the length you need it

yeah ive done that man, but i broke my chain a link too short lol now i need to use the rest of the exsisting chain and add a link onto it again and then the master link, was wondering if anyone knows a way to get it broke to be able to reuse it

Nah nothing wrong with them, just checking you ordered the right ones.
They might have needed a signature to drop off your mail, sent registered post maybe ?

That breather that was fitted between the air filter and crankcase is just to keep down emissions.
It's fine to run the breather hose down under the swingarm.

It's a little tricky lengthening a chain without a proper chain link tool, but it can be done, you need a pin punch which is a touch smaller than then pins holding the links in.
And make sure you do it on a something solid, like on top of a workshop vise, only open the vise enough for the pin to push through as you tap it out.

Nah nothing wrong with them, just checking you ordered the right ones.
They might have needed a signature to drop off your mail, sent registered post maybe ?

That breather that was fitted between the air filter and crankcase is just to keep down emissions.
It's fine to run the breather hose down under the swingarm.

It's a little tricky lengthening a chain without a proper chain link tool, but it can be done, you need a pin punch which is a touch smaller than then pins holding the links in.
And make sure you do it on a something solid, like on top of a workshop vise, only open the vise enough for the pin to push through as you tap it out.

Yeah dude, they wouldnt leave them here unless someone was home, i was in the garage doing the bike so i never heard no one nor did anyone come to my door to leave the package lol but it came tonight cause i got it redelivered by the USPS which is **** SLOW! lol but there here anyways, there lovely pieces nice and heavy duty i love them and i didnt even tighten them i just tightend with my hands and thats it, i got the bike running again and the oil seems to be fine, i hope theres not too much in there but i used about 3 quarters of the bottle (no more left as i topped it up when i first bought the bike) so i hope thats okay to run on, no smoke coming from engine/exhaust or anywhere so thats good and no weird noises, im going to try and adjust the valves again and see if it messes up again if so then just back to standard again.. what i think it may be is the throttle needle, when i turned the bike on after playing/cleaning the carb tonight, the bike didnt wanna move, it bogged opon twisting throttle in gear and it wouldnt ride.. so i took the throttle off, placed the throttle needle to the fouth notch (theres 5) from bottom and the bog went away, amazing how like 1mm can mess with the performance of your bike, but i was wondering, if i set the valves to perhaps hmm... .004inlet & .006 exhaust and moved the throttle needle up to the second from 1sr (top) would it work good?...

what is yalls valves set at (if you have 125ccs/140s) and what setting is yalls needles on? :)

thanks for the whole walkthrough,pictures and advice through out this past few days, i reallllyyy appreciate it guys & girls if any! :D thanks for sticking with me on this! im gonna print all the info through-out this thread and keep it for future purposes!!!

The Mikuni 22's on a 125cc with a #20 Pilot jet, #95 Main jet
some have been a touch rich still, and yeah second notch down from the top is enough to lean them out a little.
The 5 notch's are for fine tuning the main jet, did you notice if your carby still has the Nylon washer in the slide, where the needle goes though?
Some people forget to refit it and the bike starts running a touch lean after they've played with it

Adjusting the valves to a have a bigger clearance will lose a bit of power (eg adjusting them from .003" In, .004" Ex up to .004" In, 006" Ex)
As the valves wont open as much, and can't get as much fuel in or out.

I get mine from China.
That Pilot jet (#20) i linked you to before were only $4 ea in a post above.

You dont need a bigger main jet, especially if you have the clip on the second notch down on the needle.
That is a step leaner on you #95 main jet.

No the #25 pilot jet will be too big as well, going from a #15 to a #25 is 3 sizes up.
A #17.5 would be a touch better, but the #20 would be spot on i'm sure.
Ring TBolt im sure they'd sell you a #20 , they just might not list it.

Last edited:
I get mine from China.
That Pilot jet (#20) i linked you to before were only $4 ea in a post above.

You dont need a bigger main jet, especially if you have the clip on the second notch down on the needle.
That is a step leaner on you #95 main jet.

No the #25 pilot jet will be too big as well, going from a #15 to a #25 is 3 sizes up.
A #17.5 would be a touch better, but the #20 would be spot on i'm sure.
Ring TBolt im sure they'd sell you a #20 , they just might not list it.

alright bud sounds sweet, ill give them a call or email and look around incase they dont do them until i see a #17.5 pilot jet? and just leave the main jet as it is :D

If that's the Pilot jets then they are the wrong type
You need VM28/486 Pilot jets, the ones that are pictured in that TBolt/Amazon link suit the genuine VM26, your's is a china copy of a Mikuni.
Your Pilot jet is 28mm long, like the ones i linked earlier.

okay i ordered these

Amazon.com: Mikuni Pilot Jet (VM28/486) for RS & HSR Carburetor - 20 KVM28/486-20: Automotive #20

and i ordered this cause its cheaper than the mixture screw tool thing lol
Amazon.com: Honda XR CRF50 70 90 110cc CNC Black Carburetor Manifold Intake Adapter DirtBike: Automotive

hopfully it will fit its aroudn the same as the tbolt one , i can only order from tbolt on my wifes credit card, they dont accept mine because its irish lol so if i order through amazon i can use it okay on there :D

hope these are al correct?

tyty

You don't have a VM26, your carby is a Mikuni copy 22/26

No, that manifold spinner has a too small I/D it's 22mm, your carby and manifold are 26mm.
I linked the correct Manifold Spinner (27mm i/d) before in post #35.

This is what your jets look like in your carby-

http://tboltusa.com/store/product_thumb.php?src=images/22.jets..jpg&h=102&w=250&zc=1

And the Pilot jet you need looks like this-

721.11.39.jpg

A link to one for $3.49- https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/930/47207/Mikuni-VM28-486-Series-Pilot-Jet
Another; part number- KVM2848620 $2.95 http://www.828motorsports.com/mikuni-genuine-mikuni-vm28486-pilot-jets-detail.htm?productid=7943914

You don't have a VM26, your carby is a Mikuni copy 22/26

No, that manifold spinner has a too small I/D it's 22mm, your carby and manifold are 26mm.
I linked the correct Manifold Spinner (27mm i/d) before in post #35.

This is what your jets look like in your carby-

http://tboltusa.com/store/product_thumb.php?src=images/22.jets..jpg&h=102&w=250&zc=1

And the Pilot jet you need looks like this-

721.11.39.jpg

A link to one for $3.49- https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/930/47207/Mikuni-VM28-486-Series-Pilot-Jet
Another; part number- KVM2848620 $2.95 http://www.828motorsports.com/mikuni-genuine-mikuni-vm28486-pilot-jets-detail.htm?productid=7943914

yeah man i ordered this one which has a hole of 26mm

Amazon.com: Honda XR CRF50 70 90 110cc CNC Black Carburetor Manifold Intake Adapter DirtBike: Automotive

which is what my holes are on the bkes carb and engine

Latest posts

Back