VCM 2014 Series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traralgon points.jpg

VCM Round 6 Race Report. Stony Creek. by Kosta Darras.

The final round of the VCM Mini Racing Series has come and gone and the series champs have been crowned. The last round was a little bitter sweet. Bitter because there were only 6 of us racing, sweet because the weather and track were awesome, and so was the racing.

A Grade sponsored by Ciniworx.

1st place, #32 Jack Hilli. 2014 A Grade Champion.

Coming into the final round, Jack had a nice points cushion over 2nd place and only needed a few points to become 2014 champion.
With 1,1,2,1 moto's, he did exactly that. Even suffering a front puncture at the start of the third moto, he still finished 2nd and sealed the title. With title done, Jack and I swapped bikes for the last moto for a bit of fun. I shot to the lead half way through lap 1 with Jack stalling it off the gate. Little bugger still caught and passed me on my own bike. Bloody kids!
Jack's rookie season was brilliant, dominating with a 1st overall at every round. The "kid" was always super fast and rarely made mistakes. With the support of Buzz Bikes and his dad, he achieved his goal of becoming champ.
I had an absolute blast battling with him knowing he was fierce but fair on the track. Full congratulations to Jack on becoming 2014 A Grade VCM Champ. Well done mate.

2nd place, #83 Kosta Darras.

I had another consistent day at Stony Creek with 2,2,1,2 moto scores for 2nd overall and 2nd in the series. My race bike had suffered a mechanical at the previous round and I was using my spare bike at this race. It has 13cc's less than my race steed. Doesn't sound like much, but on this track there's no replacement for displacement.
My season consisted mostly of me chasing around Hilli at every round eating roost, although I did manage to steal a moto win at each round except for the first. Thanks to Ciniworx for their support.

3rd place, #420 Chris Bedford.

Chris suffered engine failure a few days before Stony Creek and was riding the Buzz Bikes back up bike for a couple of moto's, along with his 10 inch 110cc just for fun. Well believe it or not, he beat a Braaap with a Daytona 190 in one of the races!! I think the Braaap might of gone down in a turn somewhere, but a win's a win.
Chris placed 3rd for the series in A Grade in his rookie season. Well done mate.

B Grade. Sponsored by Miniriders.com

1st place Stony Creek #46 Nigel de Zilwa

They say in racing anything is possible. Well here's a prime example. Nigel preceded to place last in each moto at Stony Creek and still managed to take 1st overall by 1 point. Thanks to B grade champ Chase Collins suffering a dnf in the fist moto, Nigel takes home his first ever podium, and it's 1st place to boot! Well done mate and thanks for letting me park my bike under your tent on the day.

2nd place Stony Creek #20 Chase Collins 2014 B Grade Champion.

Chase came to the first round back at Traralgon with a mission. Win the B grade championship. Well in his rookie season he achieved just that. With Chase's main rival unable to race at Stony Creek, the title was his even before first practice. Chase started the season with a 3rd and 4th overall at the first couple of rounds, and then went on to win the next 4 overall's with grit and determination and gained valuable points against the competition. You could see his speed and confidence increased with each round, even with those 8ft long legs of his getting in the way. Chase had to regularly drive 4 - 5 hours each way from Shepparton to get to most of the rounds and that shows his determination. Congratulations on becoming 2014 B Grade Champion. Well done mate.
Now the rule is that the top two B grade riders move up to A grade the following year. So Chase is moving up and a new challenge awaits next year, keep training and drop those lap times!

3rd place Stony Creek, Greg Smith

With the lack of entries at Stony Creek, we threw Buzz Bikes' Greggo on the gate to have a crack. We felt sorry for the old fella so we gave him a trophy at the end of the day.

2nd place B grade VCM series, #51 James Cini.

James was unable to make it to Stony Creek due to work. It definitely would of made it interesting if he had of been there as Chase dnf'd the first moto and depending on where James finished, the points gap would of closed right up. But it wasn't to be. James finished 3rd in B grade last year and improved this year with 2nd. There were some close battles with Chase throughout the year with some overalls decided by only a few points. With James finishing 2nd, he's moving up to A grade next year to do battle with the big boys. Well done on another solid season mate.

3rd place B grade VCM series #521 Shane "d1cko" Dixon

As with round 5 at Pakenham, d1cko wasn't able to race Stony Creek due to his broken arm. He was at Stony Creek supporting his team mate though so props to him for that. Coming into round 6, d1cko was in 3rd with a 1 point lead over #44 Zach Graham. Zach, knowing full well he basically just had to show up to take 3rd for the year, couldn't get to Stony Greek due to car troubles on race day. Just like that, with a broken arm and two missed rounds, d1cko takes the B grade 3rd place trophy. Starting the year on a Braaap with a stock 160cc, he quickly realized that the stocker wasn't going to cut it with the big bores of the competition. Boom, in goes a brand new Daytona 190 but he never really got to unleash the beast at the races due to the broken arm. I know for a fact he's itching to get back on the bike.
Congrats on taking B grade 3rd for your first season in VCM. I'm sure the hunger is stronger than ever for next year.

Well that's it for another year of racing. Thanks to Ciniworx and Miniriders.com for sponsoring the mini racing, and to VCM (vintage classic motocross) for giving us the chance to race mini's.
Stay tuned for fresh info on racing for next year. Ride safe.
Cheers, Kosta.

Well done boys. I actually had no idea Stony Creek was on yesterday!

Congrats to all the top 3 for both classes for 2014!!

It takes a lot of commitment to get to as many races as possible and earn that championship.

Makes it all worth it in the end.

We will be back again to sponsor next year for sure (and hopefully ride a few).

So gutted I couldn't make the last race. But oh well when the fuel pump dies in ya mates car there's not much you can do about it :(
Congrats to ****o for coming in 3rd pretty sure we all know if he didn't have his "Accident" he would have come 3rd anyway ;)

Having battles with James at pakenham was by far the most fun I have had racing so far. He would go a bit wide on the last turn leaving me to cut through and take 2nd.

And Chase. Far out this guy can boogie on a pitty. From meeting him at Taralgon where between each race he had the side cover off of his motor tweeking his clutch and then had it back together just before the last race.
Plus riding a good old tdr that he dominated in.

Good job to everyone that placed
Jack, Kosta and Chris
Chase, James and Shane.

I'll be back next year :p

grouse write up buddy
well done to all who raced this year and lets try and get some more people into it for next year :thumbup:

haha thankyou very much
I like it already

Latest posts

Back