VCM 2014 Series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger ... That's a pretty small turnout, thought I counted 8 or 9 on the gate in one of jacks pics, 7 on the gate or 7 b grade, ..??? O well least u scored a podium for the day, my series is shot for sure lol, stuffed my knee in that dash for cash the weekend before looks like I've torn my meniscus.. Plus old age = sooky lala lol

Wow that's the first time I have seen the Yarram track being so sandy!! lol. Must have been the new section down the back.

It's a wicked track though I love it. Usually ride 6 or 7 times a year at least there but only been on the bike 3 times this entire year. Hanging for a ride. :(

YARRAM VCM RACE REPORT

Yarram VCM Race Report

We're into the home stretch of the 2014 VCM series, and both A and B grade titles are still up for grabs.
Upon arriving at the track on Saturday night, the Yarram motocross club had prepped the track to perfection with just the right amount of ripping and moisture. There were a couple of soft spots which did claim a few victims throughout the day, but it was the best the Yarram track has been for VCM in the last few years.

Onto the racing.

The points race was super close at Yarram, with both A and B grade overalls coming down to the final moto. There was a 1 point gap between 1st and 2nd in each class, so whoever would be in front in the last moto would take the overall. The pressure was on!

A grade: Sponsored by Ciniworx

There was 4 of us in A grade this time, compared to 2 at the last round. It was great to have Buzz Bikes, Chris Bedford back after missing the last round, and also was great to see Buzz Bikes owner Greg Smith off the bench and racing A grade. There's still life in the old man yet.

1st place. Current points leader, Buzz Bikes' #32 Jack "the kid" Hilli had another great day with 1 3 1 1 moto's to take 1st overall by 4 points. That 2nd moto was almost disaster as after the first lap his front brake caliper broke it's bolts and was dangling like a fish on a line. He soldiered on to take 3rd but was very lucky the caliper didn't jam the front wheel and send him over the bars. DNF averted and another overall taken. Jack now holds a 26 point lead in the series with two rounds to go.
Well done mate.

2nd place. Ciniworx #83 Kosta Darras. I had another consistent day with 2 1 2 2 moto scores for the day to take 2nd overall. After Jacks brake problem, there was only 1 point difference between us going into that last moto. Try as I might, I just couldn't stay with him after the first lap with the brain telling the body to do one thing, but the body giving the brain the bird. I hadn't done any riding from the previous round and I felt it. That's why I'm writing this race report a week later, it took me that long to recover. Lol.
Thanks to Ciniworx for their support.

3rd place. Buzz Bikes #420 Chris Bedford was back. After being off the bike for two months he scored 3 2 5 3 moto's to take 3rd overall. I think from memory he had no front brakes and went off the track a couple of times but fought his way back through the pack. Will be stronger next race I'm sure. Top effort.

B Grade: Sponsored by Miniriders.com

1st place. Buzz Bikes #20 Chase Collins. Chase had a great day with 6 4 4 4 moto's to take 1st overall. He had no clutch the first moto with the castle nut coming loose, but still managed to salvage valuable points. Clutch was fixed in the pits.
Chase was trailing James Cini by 1 point going into the final moto and I'm sure I saw him meditating on the start line trying to calm the nerves. It must of worked because he rode a solid final moto to win the overall by 2 points and extend his points lead in the series to 9 points.
Big thumbs up to Chase for driving 5 hours from Shepparton to Yarram, and that's after his ute was written off a few days earlier.
He wants this championship! Well done mate.

2nd place. Ciniworx #51 James Cini. James had another solid day with 5 5 3 6 scores to place 2nd overall. He was battling Chase all day, but that 6th place in the last moto cost him the overall. Still, with only 9 points difference in the standings and two rounds to go, I'm sure he's not going down without a fight.

3rd place. #44 Zach Graham. Zach's back on the podium! He scored 9 7 6 7 to take 3rd overall. Here was another super close battle with Braaap's #521 Shane "****o" Dixon. It all came down to the last moto with Zach finishing just in front of Shane to win 3rd overall by 1 point. 1 point! Shane got him back though by slapping one of those bright pink Braaap stickers on Zach's Pitsterpro for the drive home. Zach had no idea till a couple hours later when he saw a pic of it on Facebook. Gold!
Special mention to Zach's mum for driving him to Yarram from Bacchus Marsh at 11pm Sat night.

Special mention to Braaap's #46 Nigel de Zilwa for driving two and a half hours to Yarram Sat night, only to drive back to Melb for his cousins bucks, and then back to Yarram Sunday morning to race. All I can say is that Braaap must pay their riders well. Lol.
Also not to forget the effort by #76 Nick Laurito. Concreting all day Saturday, then 5am start Sunday morning to come racing with daughter Savvy. Just loves racing mini's.

Well that's a wrap. Next round is a lot closer to home at Pakenham on Oct 26. This was originally round 2, but was postponed due to bad weather. Get your entries in early.

Hope ya's enjoy the race report, Kosta.

Great write up Kosta, well done to all the boys.

Awesome write up Kosta greatly appreciated.

Series is really coming down to the wire in both grades. Can't ask for more than that.

Paky in October hey?? hhhmmmmm. Having a praccy session at yours before hand? :)

Should have yelled out Nicko.

Would have sponsored you for the day mate no probs. :thumbup:

thats awesome of ya mate! Would definantly have helped out this broke bloke! I wouldnt never ask for that though mate! feel bad! I should be all good for next round fingers crossed! Top bloke though! Cheers for the gesture!

Well I'm still looking for an A grade rider to sponsor (or at least help out as much as I can) for next year. Had actually been meaning to speak to you about it but you gotta be committed to go to as many rounds as you can and wasn't sure if buzz was going to sponsor you.

Reckon I will at the very least come watch at Paky if you make it down so can have a chat then. :)

Yeah Greg helps me out but can always do with more! :) the only reason i didnt race this year has been purely for the fact that i havent been able to afford it! My sticker kit is being design atm can always chuck some mr logos in it :)

Can you just lob and pay and enter on the day

I reckon you'll be right Phil, they need the numbers so I don't think they'll knock ya back.

See ya in the morning. :)

WHEEEEW PHIL IS COMING.

Latest posts

Back