(Video) Brake Bleeding with MasterSpoon

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
So you have been asking for it so here it is. A how to bleed your brakes.

YouTube - Pitbike brake bleeding

This is my first attempt at a how to video and was done off the top of my head so forgive me for the mistakes as it was all done in 1 take. I say a few wrong things in places and forget to tell you that the spanner is 8mm, you get the idea tho.

Also to note, the first method I demonstrate works good on some brakes but not on others, you may have more luck setting it all up the same but only doing 5-6 half pumps of the brake lever and just letting it drain down by itself.

There are several other methods that I did not mention but these are easy and the way I prefer to do it. The piece of hose I used should be able to be purchased from any good hardware store and should cost you no more then a couple of dollars. To bleed the front and rear brakes I would have probably used less then 250ml of fluid, most bottles are 500ml and you should have plenty of fluid left

snitchy wannabe lol

nah jk

sweet vid man im sure it will help a lot of people

cheers

V.Helpful cheers now I can go bleed my brakes if I feel like it heh.

no worries guys, was reading so many people asking about brakes everyone explaining how to do it, person would go try and come back saying "nah that didn't work" and the problem wouldn't be solved....

to tell you the truth I was wondering what was going on as no one had commented about it.

Thanks for that, i have always been afraid of bleeding my brakes incase i screwed it up but now i can do it with confidence

hey spoony when ya gunna lets us no what ya spend ya gift card on?

Hey, Do you really need to Bleed The Brakes from the stock stuff in there.. Becouse i still got the original in there..

Wb Cheers Andrew

if they are not giving you any troubles and you arn't excessively hard on your brakes then it shouldn't give any troubles and wont be needed.

All manufactures recommend brake fluid change every 2 years because the fluid absorbs water over time and stops being as efficient, the water can also cause internal damage to your brake components.

I do minimotard where you pound out laps and are hard on the brakes fairly often so I changed mine to avoid brake fade from boiling the cheaper fluid.

Ok... First things first... Nice video, very well made and easy to understand.
However, i think either the bleed nipple or some other part of my rear brakes is knackered. All i was getting was air bubbles coming outta the hose and the fluid in my res was not depleating at all... Tried the method for ages, then tried just sucking the fluid thru and still had the same results. Gonna hafta just buy a whole new setup.... :(

nice vid thanks

what's the best way to open up the brake piston on a motovert?

need to open it up a bit to readjust and maybe put some new pads?! they're on pretty tight at the moment, the wheel's hard to turn

cheers

yea, it does it says use dot 3 or 4 and i used 4. Man! the brakes are soo much better now. love it! Thanks MasterSpoon

Cheers mate will give it a shot now.

Latest posts

Back