Vin check

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
Hi, I might be going to pick up a kx 85 today, I am getting a crazy deal on it and fear it might be stolen,how can I check this?

Hi, I might be going to pick up a kx 85 today, I am getting a crazy deal on it and fear it might be stolen,how can I check this?
get a credt card..
get the vin numbers
insert numbers into ppsr pay 4 dollars and then get the search certificate and look at it

Ask the seller for the VIN number (vehicle identification number) and if he gives it to you willingly you should be ok. if he says "oh the bikes in storage" or makes up an excuse not to give it to you, you should be a bit worried. but if you get the number, its always a good idea to give it to the police and they can run the numbers and tell you if it was reported missing/stolen. just remember that he may be telling the truth anyway, you just never know. have you seen it beforehand?

It's 2 hour away so if he doesn't give it over the phone i might not bother going there, he said it had a blown piston, if I buy the parts and do the work myself to fix it how much will I pay?

Last edited:
I think i may know who your getting this off...maybe. wasa the sellers last name Bell by any chance?

Hes also from lismore, i think hes name is jaiyden judging by his email address and hes 15 i believe going by his email.

haha mate thats the bloke im talking about. i got a few bikes from him that had been thrashed and i just used em for parts. i would seriously advise looking at it first. im not trying to crap on your sale, im just trying to help you out. he told me that it had blown because he wasnt running an air filter in the airbox and ran excessively lean and overheated and stuffed the piston and rings. a top end rebuild wouldnt be overly expensive but i would SERIOUSLY look at it first. i know him personally, and he asked me to fix it. just so you know man.

So would you say its fixable? and how much would it cost me? by the way is the rest of the bike fine, other than the engine? its a long trip so i don't want to drive 4 hours there and back for nothing.

Last edited:
So would you say its fixable? and how much would it cost me? by the way is the rest of the bike fine, other than the engine? its a long trip so i don't want to drive 4 hours there and back for nothing.

im really not sure on the rest of the bike dude. i imagine everything will need a bit of a clean, have u seen pictures of it? i have seen 1, but i didnt really take any notice. the kid your buying it off is ok, but he doesnt take as much care of things as say you and I would you know. so ask him for heaps of pictures, hes pretty keen to get rid of it, and i dont think its stolen :)

Blender have you got his no. by any chance? if so can you PM me? as i only got his email and it takes him like a day to reply..

he gave me his number ages ago , i was gettin a china bike off him. but since then im pretty sure hes moved. i can look it up in the phone book for you, just cause i dont want ya to get a shlt deal :)

yeah done that, it takes him too long to reply, if he replies late i can't go coz its a 2 hours drive each way.

yeh i see sorry i couldnt find it mate, it was a long time ago, and i dont tyhink he'd appreciate people giving his number out , you know.

Latest posts

Back