Want to buy this Thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats not a thumpstar dude, not even a knock off thumpstar.
Gazza has a few of them bikes he will tell u wats hot and whats not after he reads this.
P.S love the honda sticker on the swinger :lol:

well its just advertised as....

125cc Thumpstar KING PIN Gen6 Dirt Bike dirtbike pocket

i dunno to much about bikes so thats why i was asking is it any good?

josho, it depends on the price for starters. otherwise this bike does have some of the good features such as manual clutch, 4 speed box, kick start only [no electric start rubish] the trailing arm looks ok aswell. one thing i was told was the black 125cc 4 strokers are made in japan [good stuff] not china.

i can buy one for $990 delivered to my door...or is this a bit expensive

Hmm..

Black motors made in japan?

My yamoto 125 Terminator has a black motor. I would like to think that it's made in japan, however Yamoto is certainly a Chinese company.

I am however very happy with the quality of my yamoto and if the engine is Japanese that does not surprise me.

Hey guys,

I bought a bike similar to that one from the same people (woelfe_sport) a few months ago and despite gazza and eatslikehomer having a few troubles with theirs, i can honestly say that i have had no problems whatsoever with my bike.

My mate actually got exactly the same as that one pictured except blue, and we went out last weekend on them and it seems to be not too bad - my engine has the Zongshen cover on it, and his doesn't. We had a race up the street and i pulled away from him a fair bit - his bike is a fair bit noisier than mine so i'm guessing the newer ones from them have different engines although the specs sheet they provide is the same.

The other differences are that the one pictured has the wave blade brakes which don't seem to make any difference just for looks really, also those ones have the adjustable gas shock on them compared to mine which is just a standard yellow spring. We set my mates shock at the lowest, yet the bike is still considerably higher than mine, and he was complaining about it on the weekend because he felt too high up. I spoke to him yesterday though and he reckons that it has sunk in a bit now and doesn't feel so high anymore.

The wheels/tyres on these bikes are also pretyt good as they are 14" front and 12" back, whereas alot of the others are 12" front and 10" back - they arent as "mini" as a lot of the 110cc bikes, but they are still pocket sized compared to normal dirt bikes.

One downfall i'd have to say with the bike is that the seat is rather thin so after 4 hours of riding you have a bit of a numb ass but it feels like my seat has loosened up a bit since i first got it.

As for price, i got mine for $760 + $100 postage, and my mate got his (the exact same as pictured there) for $830 + $100 postage.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Macka

Hey i bought one of these bikes about 2 weeks ago from same bloke. Except mine is a limited edition which has adjustable air shock, stronger swing arm, bash plate and different frame, colour coded wheels. I'll see if i can get a pic. I've been riding (and thrashing) mine and have had no major problems yet touch wood. The only things that have gone wrong was the drainage hose got burnt through cause it was resting on engine and u have to make sure EVERY bolt is tight cause some were only hand tight.

do you guys know what the max speed is of these bikes???

Not sure exactly what the top speed would be on these as i haven't tested it against a car etc, but judging by us flying past cars doing 60-70km/hr i'd say it'd top over 80km/hr pretty easily.

It would be great to get an accurate rev-counter/speedo for these suckers.

does any one have a web site 4 this guy.

wat do u have to do to run a 125 in.

thanks

No-Fear, sorry dude i aint been around for a while im not sure about these bikes there last model was just bullshit all the metal is soft bike falls to bits etc... the oil needs to be changed every 10hours max or the gearbox slips also gotta love those chinese dirt bike tyres? they dont grab shit the tread is rock hard
drg86, charlie and hes two man team are the biggest ripoff cunts i have met he doesnt stand up to faulty parts on arival and doesnt stant up to hes word on warranty no matter how much u push him he wont even replace a rubber seal in the fuel cap dont associate your name with hes mate...
quincy, first place i would be looking for this guy is www.dodgytraders.com

Gazza, I am not saying these are the best bikes but the one i got is the exact same as the one they are selling at carter race engines for like $1700, and i didn't pay even half that. I was just giving my opinion on this guy and i know he is prob buying bikes for half of what he sells em for, but thats the risk you take when buying one of the chinese bikes.

My bike is still going strong, i do expect to break something soon as i am starting to go big, and even thumpsters break, and i will just put better quality parts on it. I will still be ahead of the guys who have bought the expensive better quality bikes.

they are one of the better quality bikes on ebay, but remember u get what u pay for.

Gazza it seems like you guys must have just had bad luck with a dodgy batch as myself and 3 other friends have since bought bikes from woelfe_sport (mine being identical to yours and the other 3 being the newer models) and have since then had no problems whatsoever with the bikes. They chop the 110cc alternatives, have been thrashed, jumped yet well maintained and still no problems after a good 3 - 4 months of solid riding.

The newer ones sound a lot thumpier/deeper than my one which is the older version, but my bike is faster than the others - it doesn't have the zongshen cover on it so i'm not sure if its the same engine. The only other thing that I don't like about the newer ones as much as mine is the adjustable shock - even on the the lowest setting, they sit a fair bit higher than mine, but you still have about 1 inch to lower it after that although the spring would be loose/no tension at all so not safe....

That's my 2c anywho...

i wouldnt really say its a bad batch its all in the quality of the parts do u have the yellow spring on the rear shock? try lifting the rear of your bike up by under the rear mud guard and u should see alot of slop from the spring we have atlease 10mm play plus our bottom bushing is fucked aswell so over all our rear end sits low and disapointing im sure they didnt correct this problem? thats why he imported the other bikes
They chop the 110cc alternatives, have been thrashed, jumped yet well maintained and still no problems after a good 3 - 4 months of solid riding.
dont tell me u weigh 45kg's? :p

Yeah i've got the yellow shock, and after jumping on it there have been no problems with it sagging or bending....

It doesnt "slop" when you lift up the rear of the bike on mine so as I said I'm 100% satisfied with mine - some must have been built better than others and unfortunately you got the bad one..

FYI I weigh just over 60kgs so not a lot, but not 45kgs :lol: .

Latest posts

Back