What are you paying for 98 octane?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, after seeing the thread on what fuel to run and most recommend 98 octane, i was wondering what you guys are paying for fuel and where from(towns, cities)
Up here in Townsville we are paying 174.9 for 98 octane, and unlike you guys in the capital cities down sth we dont get cheap days, thats it, one price.

Im a tanker driver for BP. You don't want to know what i pay.

Im a tanker driver for BP. You don't want to know what i pay.

haha hess, your funny dude. You obviously want to brag! As far as im concerned you drive a massive bomb for BP all the time and you should be getting it for free, I reckon ummmmm............80c a litre??

Where i am in the far northwest of Tassie about 1 1/2 hour from the nearest city i pay about $1.72 per litre for BP Ultimate 98 the highest i have seen it here is $1.80 per litre. But when we run the braaap up the coast about 2 1/2 hours from home i get the fuel up there its around $1.63 per litre for BP Ultimate and around the same for Caltex Vortex 98.

Where i am in the far northwest of Tassie about 1 1/2 hour from the nearest city i pay about $1.72 per litre for BP Ultimate 98 the highest i have seen it here is $1.80 per litre. But when we run the braaap up the coast about 2 1/2 hours from home i get the fuel up there its around $1.63 per litre for BP Ultimate and around the same for Caltex Vortex 98.

Thats about what happens up here rod with the pricing, i can get cheaper fuel from out of town but aint worth the effort and it is what it is really, gotta get fuel to get around. The ute actually doesnt mind std unleaded when im poverty stricken, but the pitty always gets good gear.lol

haha hess, your funny dude. You obviously want to brag! As far as im concerned you drive a massive bomb for BP all the time and you should be getting it for free, I reckon ummmmm............80c a litre??

I do get it cheap but not that cheap. If only other road users would notice me as a bomb it would make driving it less dangerous

Im hearing you mate, half the skills of driving is watching what every other f'wit is doing. PM me the price dude, im interested in knowing and i wont advertise it on any threads, purely interested and you did say you dont want to know what i pay lol. So i need to know now bro haha.

Same here the my bikes get 98 octane the ute gets std unleaded and our 2010 X-Trail gets 95 octane.

Funny that rod eh, our lawnmower and bikes get better fuel than our cars lol. But if im gonna torture a cane toad it is def 98 brother:hache::jumping-smiley-011:

Im hearing you mate, half the skills of driving is watching what every other f'wit is doing. PM me the price dude, im interested in knowing and i wont advertise it on any threads, purely interested and you did say you dont want to know what i pay lol. So i need to know now bro haha.

Spot on Mick thats what i always say half the skill of driving is watching out for f'wits on the that dont have a clue. I get so crabby with what i see on the road as i do a fair bit of driving some idiots dont give a rats backside about other road users. Hess i can understand where your coming from as i too have drove trucks the idiots think you can stop on a fifty cent piece let alone a fuel tanker like Mick said its like driving a bomb you guys do a great job with what you have to put up with.

I pay $1/litre. But us tanker drives only make between $1200 and $1500 a week for 70hrs. Pretty **** pay.

I do get it cheap but not that cheap. If only other road users would notice me as a bomb it would make driving it less dangerous

This should amuse you then, russian bus driver, nicknamed "The Punisher"
[video=youtube;plAWBObsbts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plAWBObsbts[/video]

Oh and in Cantberra its around $1.55

No ethanol for me lad, bikes at work that customers have run ethanol in don't run good at all.

Latest posts

Back