What bike is this?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribute3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I aquired a mystery bike. Need help identifying it because it'll need new parts. Compression seems low. It runs for a few cycles then shuts off. Can't seem to get it to run consistebtly and I been screwing with the carb screws. Kick start is pretty easy to kick over also.

The engine says 86ml. I suspect is a Chinese brand bike, check out the pics.

"Engine Number" is 03053258 as stamped on the frame.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 6
Definitely Chinese. If you need a new piston/rings most chinese 86/90cc motors use a 47mm piston (same as a stock stroke 70/72cc). The engine number on the bottom of the motor on the chain side below the sprocket will confirm this if it has a 47 in the first 4 or 5 numbers (eg IP47########).

Will be difficult to tune the carb while there is no air filter on it, it would be very lean ATM. Bang a lightly oiled unifilter on it, and check valve lash before you go looking at the piston and rings.

Sent from my ALCATEL_4034A using Tapatalk

Definitely Chinese. If you need a new piston/rings most chinese 86/90cc motors use a 47mm piston (same as a stock stroke 70/72cc). The engine number on the bottom of the motor on the chain side below the sprocket will confirm this if it has a 47 in the first 4 or 5 numbers (eg IP47########).

Great Info, thank you...

Thats the plan...
It was in rough shape, but it turns over fine.
My plan is to do the following:
Valve adjustment
Timing
Spark plug gap
Oil change
and overhaul the carb

I hope itll start after all this!

I'm using a Honda CT90 Manual for reference. I'm not sure how similar it will be just yet.
unfortunately, I don't really have a compression measurement tool. I'm not keen on buying one since Ill probably never use it again.

Check your valves. The ones on my bike got tight you could kick it by hand. and wouldn't idle/ run on the bottom end.

1p47 engine just the stroke different, Lifan Zongshen 1P47 parts can fit

Latest posts

Back