what bike to get ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeakesMoto

Reaction score
hey everyone, it has been a long time since i have ridden or owned a bike and i am now ready to buy a new one and go riding !

basically i am not really looking for a pit bike, im looking for a generic branded dirt bike.
i am only wanting to spend around the 1500 mark though.

its not for hardcore riding its just for a bit of fun, do you think its posssible to get a half decent bike for this price, new or old and preferably a 250 ?

here are a few bikes i have found on gumtree , do you reckon these bikes would be okay ( im not ready to buy yet but just a few ideas in what im looking at)

Thankyou

KAWASAKI KX250 2 STROKE starts and runs well - fast bike | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Salisbury Area - Salisbury East

Hyosung xrx 125 | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Tea Tree Gully Area - St Agnes

1992 YZ 250 EXCELLENT CONDITION! | Other Motorcycles & Scooters | Gumtree Australia Salisbury Area - Gulfview Heights

1999 Yamaha TTR 250 *URGENT SALE* | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Gawler Area - Evanston Park

**** sorry i didnt realise there was a thread dedicated to this stuff. i dont know how to delete this!]

sorry am i interupting you little chat !

16796394.jpg

P.S I answered your question on the last page, now go n buy it :)

keep it on topic people, no thread hi jacking... or the beating stick will be brough forth
stick.png

well hopefully by the time im ready to get the bike which will be early next year hopefully, there may just be the perfect bike for sale just waiting for me,

one last question though, if they were all in good condition, what would be the best bike for me to get ?

i got a soft spot for a kwakka, wouldnt go smaller than a 250 if 4 stroke, if you ride trails and some twisty slow stuff then a 2 banger may not be suitable for that type of riding, id stick with yzf, crf, kxf, rmz, just my personal opinion mate, good luck

well hopefully by the time im ready to get the bike which will be early next year hopefully, there may just be the perfect bike for sale just waiting for me,

one last question though, if they were all in good condition, what would be the best bike for me to get ?

Just depends on what riding your going to do mate.

i got a soft spot for a kwakka, wouldnt go smaller than a 250 if 4 stroke, if you ride trails and some twisty slow stuff then a 2 banger may not be suitable for that type of riding, id stick with yzf, crf, kxf, rmz, just my personal opinion mate, good luck

yeah no worries man thanks for the suggestions

Just depends on what riding your going to do mate.

nothing serious, i doubt i will be going large jumps or any jumps at all, just something to have a bit of fun on and if necessary fix up ( i like Challenges & projects :) )

I would go with the kx 250, maintainence wise you can learn how to rebuild a 2stroke, after learning and feeling comfortable then go with a 4 stroke but thats my opnion

thanks heaps man, i will keep my eyes open for a decent one, maybe if i find one i'll post it on here for a bit of guidance

Peace out !

Latest posts

Back