what carb to run on a 72cc danger :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
finally started on the youngest son's bike, and i am a bit up in the air on what to do with the carby. i have the stock carb here, and a slightly bigger one from a 125 (both are dirty jinge kei carbs) stock carb has a 40 pilot and 75 main, bigger one has 32 pilot 78 main. should i bother running one of these on it, or is there a oko or something similar suitable for it? I couldnt seem to find anything smaller than a 24mm oko and that would be way to big for this im guessing......

what do most guys run on their 88's? i'm sure i could jet that slightly leaner to get it to run well....

you can get an OKO 19mm
Sales

i'm pretty sure Jakes' 110cc dune buggy was running a 19mm Jin-ke , the main jet was an 82
until i swapped it for a 22mm Keihin Postie copy
so those 2 carbs you have might get it up and running
something to try out ?

Last edited:
An awesome little carb is the mikuni 19mm Mikuni 19mm Racing Carburetor Kit - MIKUNI , I have seen them on 70s but in saying that I had one on my high comp lifan 125 motor and it was awesome and didn't starve the 125 for fuel at all. This is a vid of the 125 running this carb(start in 3rd gear) but I did later install the original 70cc with the same carby and it ran beautifully.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pd7zVC2n4HY?list=UUZFZJstQpIwq4gg_6lG6ZCQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
thanks for that mate, do you remember what jets you were running on the 70cc? looks like you had it dialed in just fine on that 125, felt sorry for that rear tyre, sounds good though :)

Mate to be honest I didn't change a bloody thing when I swapped it from the 125 to the 70 apart from air/mixture adjustment, apart from prob there being a lil unburnt fuel being spat out the 70 went great and lifted the 10 inch wheel in 2nd, the little carbys are great for the fact they are just plug and play, I didn't even change the needle settings in the slide lol. I know it seems weird that it goes like the clappers on a high comp 125 and then switch it to a 70cc rebuilt motor without any changes in jetting and it runs fine but it did. The 70 was running a fresh rebuilt e22 head though and I think they are better than a stock non e22 head, maybe slightly bigger valves.

that bike is almost the same as what im building, but mine has a h style swinger, not the a style. my engine also has e22 stamped into it, didnt realise that meant much tbh :)

Im pretty sure the e22 is common on the 90 cc motors also which im sure the 70 and 90 both run the same piston and the only difference being the stroke, im pretty sure the valves are 23/20, but if you do a google of the e22 head you will get a heap of hits, im pretty sure they are a full on copy of the crf50 head which back then would of been a good improvement on a stocko china head.

cheers, just another tit bit to store away in the ever growing data bank ;) im thinking of putting the outer rotor kit off my gpx125 onto this engine, is it as simple as taking the extra casing off that all the elec start gear is mounted to and then swapping the plates out? magneto and everything is fine on it, just thought it might be a worthwhile mod as the gpx is just sitting there until i can afford the v2 for it

Mate I believe there is a weight difference between the 50cc-110cc magneto and the gpx125/155z-160ho magnetos, anything is possible but id hate to see a crank shaft separate on the clutch or magneto side. Obviously the harness and cdi will also need to be changed, I once ran an inner rotor kit on my 125 lifan and being a start in neutral only donk the clutch is on the crank the clutch thru into a million pieces and smash the casing and everything lol, on your engine currently id believe that the clutch and magneto would be basically the same weight for balance and if that weight is changed then there is the possibility of breaking a crank.

Im pretty sure the e22 is common on the 90 cc motors also which im sure the 70 and 90 both run the same piston and the only difference being the stroke, im pretty sure the valves are 23/20, but if you do a google of the e22 head you will get a heap of hits, im pretty sure they are a full on copy of the crf50 head which back then would of been a good improvement on a stocko china head.

Didn't 8r3nd0 have that head on his Motovert 90 ?
http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/37887-brendos-88-150-motovert.html

Yeah that was the 19mm OKO I believe, the flatslides are a great carb but I have seen them on only a few projects where they are for some unknown reason an absolute prick to tune or even get to run, we had a mini motard bike with a yx 160 in it and the oko 26 flatty was on an adaptor where it was pointing forward and it would idle but would not even rev, we messed with it but still no go, put the 30mm mikuni on and it was sweet, that same oko ran perfect on our 155z. The 19mm mikuni is a roundslide as opposed to a flatslide and maybe the lil 86 of brendos didn't agree with a flatty, the lil mikuni roundslide 19mm will work sweet mate.

cheers, thats the way i will go then i reckon, i will get it going on the dodgy carb i have and order that mikuni for when its ready to ride. thanks for your help mate.

Yeah that was the 19mm OKO I believe, the flatslides are a great carb but I have seen them on only a few projects where they are for some unknown reason an absolute prick to tune or even get to run, we had a mini motard bike with a yx 160 in it and the oko 26 flatty was on an adaptor where it was pointing forward and it would idle but would not even rev, we messed with it but still no go, put the 30mm mikuni on and it was sweet, that same oko ran perfect on our 155z. The 19mm mikuni is a roundslide as opposed to a flatslide and maybe the lil 86 of brendos didn't agree with a flatty, the lil mikuni roundslide 19mm will work sweet mate.

Yeah the 19mm OKO's are a pain to tune. Seen a few people try and fail including myself.

Latest posts

Back