What do I do...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sad Sad Z... Stunt Or Resto?

• Stunt :D

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Resto :cool:

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Goodluck! :rolleyes:

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters

foolsp33d

Reaction score
As alot of you would probably know by now, iv got a z50J in dire-straights condition.. that is, VERY low on compression, broken bars, pretty rooted electrics.. stuffed tyres, worn forks, missing lights, blah blah.. the pics explain..

Im wondering do I opt out of trying to restore the old girl and make something useful of it, ie: 'normal' bars, forks, slap in the spare ducar, or what!?! It hasnt got a compliance plate so restoring her for road use is going to be kind of pointless.. would look good, but id be afraid to ride it.. thus the stunt bike idea.. would also like to keep this to a budget of between 500-1k.

Just after some options atm, if its possible to get an aftermarket fork, how to adapt the bars, if the ducar will fit, the bike itself is not within my walking distance(is at the other house) so im just thinking with my fingers, and throwing up some ideas.. they may not be possible, i may get kicked in the groin by the enthusiasts, i may get flamed by you all, but give me your thoughts!

this is what WE(that is us as a forum) have to work with.

Z50notankseat.jpg

Z50front.jpg

Z50lhs.jpg

If needed i can get more detailed photos but im just after ideas at this stage..

Oh and if you dont know ANYTHING about NOTHING, please dont bother commenting or giving an opinion.. Im after serious thoughts, not jibberish.

I already predict Hillz an Jeze saying Stunt it, QA an 50's Bro saying resto lol.

Thanks in advance fellas(and girls-which i havent noticed many at all of late!)
Foolsp33d

Last edited:
with that sort of budget you will need ALOT of favours. I predict a resto cost of about 2k. I think that is realistic fo something that far gone. I have many parts for those things and can help out if you need. Would be interestd in buying it of you tho.

id say stunt it cause its gonna cost a fark load of $$$$ for a resto and to make a stunt bike would be cheaper and since u havnt got a complience plate much more fun! goodluck with it anyway man

thats a sad looking bike, hillz says resto...u can still stunt it...

no such thing as a dead zed, go the resto

interesting.. a couple of resto fans! If I was to go the Resto path, id more than likely try and track down one of the chinese ones(which are also becoming hard to find!-anyone got some links of AUS. Importers??) and swap what I need.. to keep within the 1k budget.. before it was left to 'rest' it was a runner, its huled me and my bro many a kilometer, taken a thrashing from various friends, and been on numerous camping journeys as the dump bike(good to ride a lil away from camp n $hit :)) As for selling, I dont think I could part out with the old girl.. has been in the family for a long time now, and was originally given to us as a christmas present from a close family friend we now dont see very often, so there is quiet a bit of sentimental attatchment..

Am interested in knowing how other people have gone with their 'J' projects, how they started out, how they finsihed up.. troubles they encountered etc.
(if a mod from monkeygarage reads this my account wont let me in-lil HELP pls) If sixeven gets a chance to, also PM me, any bits you have would love a nice list! :) cheers for the input people. At this stage its just going to stay at rest untill I can get some more food for thought, but please, keep the ideas and options coming!!
cheers
Foolsp33d

hmmmm this is a hard 1...as hillz sayz if u resto it u can still stunt it.... but then again they do look sweet with a wheelie bar....hmm i think stunt bike now coz ther is hardly any i on my long to do list somewhere on ther is turnin my old minitrail into a stunt bike 4 a bti of fun :).....this is it

it will be green with black rims n frame, mite chrome engine, custom bar clamps so i can run bmx bars, +more i just need to find the time to start lol

Last edited:
i couldnt get the link to work, so its back to how it was... does imageshak let you directly link to the pictures with IMG tags?!? repost the addy if you can pls 50;s

love the story that goes with the zed, just give her a set of bars n a tune up,
then keep her going as the camping "dumpmaster",maybe include a shovel holder, youve given me an idea!!! she would be a legend up at the murray!!

love the story that goes with the zed, just give her a set of bars n a tune up,
then keep her going as the camping "dumpmaster",maybe include a shovel holder, youve given me an idea!!! she would be a legend up at the murray!!

lol, it earned the name, yella terra, as at WOT (wide open throttle) shes an old girl, but like iv said.. its REAL low on compression, in need of new or stronger(easier to replace) bars.. and forks.. thus the ducar/stunt/MOD bike..

hmm IDK :( she looks so sad:(

If it still has the compliance plate on the frame sell me the frame!!! And i'll give you my very very cool non compliance z50j frame!!

If it still has the compliance plate on the frame sell me the frame!!! And i'll give you my very very cool non compliance z50j frame!!

Not to sound rude... but did you even READ the first post!???

It hasnt got a compliance plate so restoring her for road use is going to be kind of pointless..

Oh and if you dont know ANYTHING about NOTHING, please dont bother commenting or giving an opinion.. Im after serious thoughts, not jibberish.

As for selling, I dont think I could part out with the old girl.. has been in the family for a long time now, and was originally given to us as a christmas present from a close family friend we now dont see very often, so there is quiet a bit of sentimental attatchment..

mate,now its just draggin on....n....on,very easy get her goin again,and put her back yo work! ie "bog runner", tape a torch onto the front, a shovel holder, .....jobs done,way under budget!

mate,now its just draggin on....n....on,very easy get her goin again,and put her back yo work! ie "bog runner", tape a torch onto the front, a shovel holder, .....jobs done,way under budget!

Hmmm.. i dont know about 'very easy' but iv certainly made things alot simpler! Am going to Breed them and see what happens....
lhsz50.jpg

z50rear.jpg
z50front.jpg

rhsz50.jpg

Last edited:
mate,if you breed those two,will you sell me a pup!!!

Latest posts

Back