Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blender

Reaction score
hi boys and girls!

whilst riding today, i noticed my helemt had begun to fall apart around my head, so i decided to bite the bullet and get a new one. problem is i have no idea what is good and what is not. i wore my mates fox helmet, it was alot better than my "Kylin" ?? chinese one i am currently using.

What do we reccomend ?

also like to add, that my "preffered" price range is up to 150, its a helmet, and i dont really want to skimp on safety!

Look mate TBH you could spend $600 on a new helmet tomorrow, accidently drop it on the way to the car and it would be a throw away item!

As long as it has an Australian standards sticker your sweet! :p

Edit: Oh and what ever one feels good! Having a bad fitting lid is just as dangerous as having a faulty one!

Last edited:
I bought an M2R recently for $80 brand new. Fits awesomely looks good and definitely didnt break the bank! You can find some pretty decent lids on special...just as Cordogs said comfort and a good fit is key...doesnt really matter what you look like to everyone else if the helmet fits like crap its unsafe!!! I thought $80 was a really good deal considering it fits like a dream, I can hardly even tell its on my head when I'm riding, really good vision too! Apparently M2R is an Aussie brand to :thumbup:
DSC_0205.jpg

Dont mind the holes I drilled in the visor to fit my go pro!! The visor isn't a structural parts of the helmet!

Hey blender... I've gotta fox v1 I think i t cost me 150-100 range... Its got the Chinese goggles on it ATM.... But it needs a clean.. Lol . also got the drift HD mount on the goggles lol... uploadfromtaptalk1394327732877.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394327748060.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI U8950N-51 using Tapatalk

i use a THH Helmet, aust standard, $99 retail,
M2R, O'Neal and Answer had entry level helmets for around $100-$150 too
the Fox v1' were around $180 iirc ?

yeah, i went the TX12 style, i like the look of it more

it need to be firm, and not be loose or able to move left and right when it is fitted correctly.
all helmets are different and could mean you need a different size too

I'm a tight arse so $80 for a slightly heavy helmet was a good deal, the last one I owned was about 5kgs so really not complaining! I like that THH looks good and light!

yeah, i went the TX12 style, i like the look of it more

it need to be firm, and not be loose or able to move left and right when it is fitted correctly.
all helmets are different and could mean you need a different size too

yeh i know what you mean, my helmet atm is actually to small for me , but the continued usage had made it a tad too big lol! there is a TX12 for sale on ebay atm, although i dont particularly like the colour scheme..
THH MX Motocross Helmet TX 12 Used Size Youth Medium With Dragon DX Goggles | eBay

97.9% is not too bad, but reading the negative and nuetral feedback, its like that with most sellers that dont have the best feedback, e.g. slow to respond/post, etc. i have delt with people with much worse feedback, and have been fine.

But then again it only takes one bad experience.......

i use a THH Helmet, aust standard, $99 retail,
M2R, O'Neal and Answer had entry level helmets for around $100-$150 too
the Fox v1' were around $180 iirc ?

Yep I'll second that! I brought a THH and its awesome, pretty damn light too....
(Obviously has nothing on the C/F Helmets)

Pretty sure I paid about $150 delivered (2 years ago) but its a great lid. Everything pulls apart super easy so its easy to clean and wash the internal pads and its got great ventilation. Will buy another when this ones had it too! :)

then its decieded :) i'll grab myself THH TX12 ! i should be able to grab it later this week (i hope :))

all good mate,

Cj takes an Adult Medium helmet, it suprised me as our 13 year old takes an Adult Small helmet.

yeh, i'll have to measure me head this afternoon, get an idea for what size i'll need : )

Latest posts

Back