Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrhonda50

Reaction score
Hey, i bought a inner rotor off ebay for my xr50, but i think the magneto clearance is wrong on it cause when i go to take off it has a little delay. i have rebuilt the carby and drainned all the fuel incase there was water in it. I have looked everywhere to try find the clearance and couldnt find it. can someone please help me out.

This is the one i got: PERFORMANCE INNER ROTOR KIT FLYWHEEL CDI DIRT PIT BIKE - eBay Other Accessories, Parts, Accessories, Parts, Scooters, Sport. (end time 28-Oct-10 19:43:22 AEDST)

Last edited:
Sound like it had to find out where it working best. mayb best idea to put stock one in.

Ummmm he uses a card on the second one to get his clearance not sure if that what you mean.

seems abit better. still abit delayed on the throttle, feels like the chain is slack and it is picking up the slack but the chain isnt slack it is good

what air cleaner are you using?... maybe its too restricted or you need to adjust your carb specs.. maybe just the needle needs lifting or lowering

what air cleaner are you using?... maybe its too restricted or you need to adjust your carb specs.. maybe just the needle needs lifting or lowering

Im using a air cleaner from bbr it is like a silver triangle thing.. i dont really like it.. i would much prefer a unifilter, but just havnt got 1 yet. i have adjusted the carby alittle, ea time when i take out the spark plug it is like a black colour sometimes moist and sometimes dry but i just cant seem to get the right spot on it.

standard carby?
if so then i think the slide needle is non adjustable isnt it.. which makes it hard to tune..

black and moist spark plug is running rich.. could also be a bad earth or dirty air cleaner..

can you test it in a clean dust free environment without the air cleaner fitted to see if it is still the same?

it has an after market carby on it from bbr.i cleaned the air filter. didnt make much/ if any difference. i live in mud or dust haha :(.

Latest posts

Back