what moto boots should i buy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah now that more guys are going midsize and Hp is going up all the time I would not ride with anything other than full length boots. They will save from a badly brocken leg or may even save the break. Same as masterspoon I use trials boots. Also use longer shifter makes easy to shift. Most bike shops have cheap universal shifters for big bikes that fit easy. I put them on all my bikes. This one area I do without bling cause you know its gonna get hammered..
forgot to add that the long shifter = more leverage=easier shifting

i found a pack that im keen as to buy seeing as i have no moto gear at all.

The Shift Adult Pack- includes an RXT F-Speed Helmet, RXT Goggles, Shift Assault Pant, Shift Assault Jersey, Shift Assault Gloves and AXO Boxer Boot. All for just $499.95!

MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES - BIKEBIZ

yeah that sounds good, the axo boxer boots are good i got a pair in like october there pretty good for the price

well the foot is on the mend and im nearly ready to buy some boots.
do boots resemble normal shoe sizes or are they different?
ive been looking on ebay but theres no point buying some off there if they wont fit.
ebay or moto shop.......that is the question

well the foot is on the mend and im nearly ready to buy some boots.
do boots resemble normal shoe sizes or are they different?
ive been looking on ebay but theres no point buying some off there if they wont fit.
ebay or moto shop.......that is the question

Moto boots are usually a size or 2 bigger than your shoe size.

I would definatly go to a moto shop cause at least if something goes wrong then you can get the problem fixed although my bro just brought some boots of ebay and they are quite a nice boot.

You could always go to the moto shop and find out what size you are and then go and get some off ebay but i would just go to the moto shop. You pay a little bit more but its worth it

gday guys, just in case you are still looking for boots zumanity, i bought some boots the other night from City Motorbikes, got some Axo Boxer's and they cost me bit under 200, they are full length, i was tossing up whether to go full or shorties, and the bloke there was watching his sponsored rider race the other day, and another dude got tangled up in a crash and broke his leg right where the boot finished above his ankle, so that for me was enough to go full length, i also have a big bike shifter is much nicer to ride even in normal shoes and no problem riding with big boots,

Cheers, Nyok

I ride full length boots all day ...and I got a size 12 foot...

But I drive in snowboard boots and crew say that's waack too ...think ya just gotta get used to it...

but yeah no boxer boots on the midsize for me .... I seen one of those breaks before too :eek:

Good move nyok, full size boots are damn cheap insurance! Breaks in this region can be very nasty and have permanant weakness or disablement. There would be a few guys out there who cannot ride and jump how they would like anymore because of bad ankle/shin breaks. I find that actually cause these bikes are so low to the ground you are really amoungst it in rough conditions and your legs and ankles cop a hiding.

gday guys, just in case you are still looking for boots zumanity, i bought some boots the other night from City Motorbikes, got some Axo Boxer's and they cost me bit under 200, they are full length, i was tossing up whether to go full or shorties, and the bloke there was watching his sponsored rider race the other day, and another dude got tangled up in a crash and broke his leg right where the boot finished above his ankle, so that for me was enough to go full length, i also have a big bike shifter is much nicer to ride even in normal shoes and no problem riding with big boots,

Cheers, Nyok

good pick on the axo boxer's mate :cool:. i got a pair just b4 xmas and they are a great boot for the price but i do have a problem shifting gears because the boots are too big and i can feel when it has shifted but im going to get an adjustable shifter or a longer one. hopefully it will work.

I've got both sorts of boots to ride in, and the larger boots are not going to save you in some situations. I've broken my ankle in full size boots riden my big bike, and my axo slammers feel just as good and safe as my other boots, (alot safer then work boots).
S*$T happens!!!!!!

hey mate i just brought a pair of thor quadrants about 3 weeks ago there my first pair of boots they are pretty comfy and they only set me back $250.
hope this helps and gives you an idea good luck finding some.

hey fellas, yeh i know big boots still get breaks but they are definitely more insurance in feel and physical safety, i was up in the bush all day and was a few times through puddles and mud that i was thinkin im off but boots give u confidence to drag a foot here and there where u need to, but only downside is u need to mod a brake lever which ill sort tomorrow (hard to tell when uve locked the back wheel cos cant feel it through the boot) other than that very good investment, and also if bones are meant to break theyll breakm boots or no boots, ride at own risk

hey guys the foot has mended and i ended up with a pair of AXO boxers.
great boots that just take a bit to get used to.its great to be back on the bike again.

mmm riding without boots is good until you make a mistake, i was racing my mates when i put my leg out to keep my balance going round a corner and my foot hit a rock that part didn't hurt but far out it did hurt when that rock sent my foot back into my footpeg it just got my achilles. after that experience i wear my boots everytime i go riding. I use oneil shorty's

thats it mate!
i thought my work boots were enough.
they make moto boots for a reason and it doesn't matter what size the bike is.!!

Latest posts

Back