What the * is this

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotn50

Master Spanner Spinning Moderator
Reaction score
Was having a look around and came across this, are these ripoffs or the real thing being produced in china or just being imported into china then sold? Or am i behind the times and this is commonly known or am i just confused and tripping.

2014 Yamaha YZ450F Motorbike/ New Team Yamaha Blue/White and Just for You from Cuntian Electronic Co., Limited, China
EC21 Product Catalogs - Search 1,800,000 export products from global suppliers
EC21 Product Catalogs - Search 1,800,000 export products from global suppliers

That's interesting. Probably imported into China and resold off.

Is interesting, i doubt china would be paying much at all considering there not in the business of giving money away but making a very cheap product and making a huge mark up in price.

put the yzf in your basket and see how much it is.

So the bikes are still Japanese but being built in China?, there would have to be a different quality control you would think.

Haha that's funny, some guy from Honda was trying to tell me my kxf was made in china because it was cheaper than the crf250r.
Pretty sure Afew Yamaha fun bikes like those crfs are made in china to?

if you can sell a product for x4 what it cost to make you could pay alot in quality control

It's not the Chinese that get the real profit from selling them at 4 times what they cost it's the big wigs at honda and the stores that stock the bikes. Ocean and earths main factory and the bloke that owns it live just around the corner from me and they have been having to downsize and send their work to china just to compete in modern day market which they poor bugger never wanted to do..... But that's the way the world is now, I don't think there will be many things that don't go through china in some way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to China Jap boys:), there should be no arguing now as were slowly starting to sleep in the same bed together finally;)

Rode a crf110 on the weekend. Definitely not china spec.

Sent from the family throne

Everything will be made in China real soon.
All the Jap bike riders holding onto the little hope they have of their chosen manufacturer staying in Japan, your dreaming.
The low labour costs and ease of ability to set up factories in china makes the country to attractive even for the big established company's.
I have no doubt the quality control of the Japanese bikes will be much higher than that on the china bikes.

pretty sure the chassis on a CRF110 is made in china, engine prob the only jap part..

its probably safe to say a lot of work would get out sourced to china from japanese bike makers for 1 profit, 2 Half the stuff in japan is radio active

The Chinese can build anything as well as the Japanese, its just that most of the crappy chinese stuff you hear about is built to a cost and as price goes down so does quality control

Jap bike components have been built in China for years. I work in purchasing for Holden and you would be amazed where some of the components come from.

The fact that a factory is located in China means nothing in regards to quality, it is simply a geographic location. It is all about the QC procedures, Materials, Processes and the way that the factory is run.

China is an easy country to manufacture in because of many factors, which is why companies all over the globe manufacture there. components for your iphone are also manufactured there, including the screen which are considered to be of very high quality. The reason for the massive markup is because the companies can do it (apple makes 60% profit from every iphone sold)

This is not a Jap bashing thread:)

"The fact that a factory is located in China means nothing in regards to quality, it is simply a geographic location. It is all about the QC procedures, Materials, Processes and the way that the factory is ru"

just means they can pay **** all and get reliable workers

Latest posts

Back