What to pack for a trail ride on a pitbike - SSR125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInPA620

Reaction score
Ok so iv been dirt bike riding for a long enough time as well as growing up racing motocross im use to being prepared for a upcoming weekend race or ride. Riding the ssr 125cc pit bike that i own iv come to be use to the ins and outs of what can go wrong and what might happen when riding. Below i have listed a number of things i bring with for almost every mini bike ride i go on. Hope this helps anyone wondering what to expect on there next long pit bike journey !

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com/user/rave1td/media/A337F0C7-0AF9-4436-B0A2-1318911446FA_zpslmb4h4qk.jpg.html] [/URL]

Alright so starting from left to right:

Air filter: aleays bring an rxtra foam filter, just incase you drop the bike on the right side iv had the filters tear right off ! So i always bring an extra.

Oil 10W40: always good to have extra oil; regardless of what your doing

Phillips and Flathead Screwdriver: never go wrong with a phillips, whether the plastics are coming loose or u need a pry bar or you need to adjust the idle for diffrent temperatures.

Pliers: great for whatever you may need to hold on to something with, or if you need to take the top off your round slide carburetor.

Dykes: cutting zip tyes or wire

Electrical tape: making sure you keep a leaking rim or tube sealed until you can get back to the truck or to aid wiring that has be come exsposed or ripped

Tire pressure gauge

10mm/8mm open end wrench : almost every dumb little bolt on this bike is a 10mm or 8mm bolt and a wrench will come in handy for anything loose

12mm/14mm open end wrench: perfect for axle and axle adjusters when being used with a 17mm wrench or socket.

Socket wrench with extensions for extra length.

Magnetic wrench for anything that may fall down in your engine. Dont ask why !

Extra shifter as i have had ones brake and fall off due to crappy hardware or just bevause they were crap.

Muffler plug for after riding cleaning.

Always good to have extra axle adjuster plates.
Chain wax incase you install a new chain.
And as follows. A. Extra chain and master link

Open end adjustable wrench for whatever you may need.

Zip tyes!!!
And a chain breaker !!!

Hope all helps !!

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com/user/rave1td/media/2B8033B7-D074-400F-A4A8-DA79DE1E9DF4_zps3moqo0bp.jpg.html] [/URL]

don't forget a tube ... front only as can be folder for rear use ... tyre levers, pump .spare brake and clutch leavers if there not 180 degrees type..

Very true. Forgot to mention that i run the 180 levers so iv yet to have one brake. Yes a 12" and 14" tibe with bikemaster levers really do come in handy out in the field. China i usually keep them at the truck though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit of fuel line and a spare fuel filter can come in handy.
The plastic rim protector's come in handy too if you dont want to damage your rim's with your tyre lever's.
Although in the hot weather you dont even need tyre lever's to remove or fit your tyre's

08-0357.jpg

Spare spark plug(and spark plug wrench), can of starting spray, assorted nuts and bolts

You must have hydraulic hands to remove tyres without levers lol .. l removed wheel barrow tyre and push bike tyres without levers .. thou the mini tyres are harder to remove than my big bikes ..

Nah just make sure the tyre has been sitting in the sun for while first, and spray the bead's with Tyre Shine to help them slip over the rim's
And make sure the bead's sit right in the middle recess of the rim when you are fitting the tyre, i usually kneel on the sidewall's to hold them down as i go around the rim.
I have swapped the PW50 tyre's without tool's too, and the little 10" tyre's can be painful to change

If you havent already got one, a good first aid kit is always a good idea. Just incase something happens you aren't stuck in the middle of no where without any available medical stuff.

If you havent already got one, a good first aid kit is always a good idea. Just incase something happens you aren't stuck in the middle of no where without any available medical stuff.

Good call on that one. I hust had that happen this past weekend to a buddy of min. Got the peg in his leg. What a fun mess that was.

I have had numerous times even when I have been at a track haha. Falling of is the down side to riding dirt bikes haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You can alway's chuck a wad of tobacco on a cut to stop it bleeding,
the Army in WW1 and WW2 supplied each soldier with a pouch of tobacco for this reason, some chose to smoke or trade it though.
Superglue is excellent for a quick cut/gash fix too, another thing made by the military chemist's, it's original use was for fixing damaged, cut up, and bullet wounded human liver's as they couldn't be sewn

Yeah l use superglue for my split finger tips ... Not sure about carrying in bum bag when riding . As a mate found out it blew apart and glued his spark plug , hex key and 12 mm open ender together..

Latest posts

Back