What you guys want in a China.....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk_Randall

Reaction score
Hello to all, im a bit new to this forum, so bare with me if ive bunged this in the wrong place?! Anyway. i am starting to import new china's shortly and im interested in what you guys would like to see come out standard in them......
They already have tapered head-stem bearings, and bearings in the swing-arm(aussie ones to!!). We have both crf/xr-fiddy and klx/bbr110 plastics designs, twin-spar and cradle-frames, etc.
We will be using Lifan and Jialing engines only.
125 - 150cc (with a wicked bad 250cc in a pitbike coming --- not them stupid bigger ones)

So yeah, what do you guys want to see?
Im looking for feedback regarding what breaks on yours all the time; i already know what breaks on mine, but im only one man...... so lemme know. any inputs better than none!

And please no china-bike bashing; I know some of you guys dont like em, you've told us enough. Open yourself a china-bashing thread if you must, im purely after positive reinforcement from you guys.

Thanks again, you've all been a wealth of information in the past, time for me to give something back. Cheers Steve.

What bikes?Any pictures?

Are you going to sell klx plastics kits seperately?

Last edited:
billet hubs
pro tapers
synergy grips
high tensile bolts where needed
a good exhaust
a good frame
kenda tyres
good wheel bearings
decent forks
decent rear shock
better oil cooler mount
better brakes

u have seen the members bikes in this forum take these bikes into mind and make somthing appealing to us
i think what would be best is if u had a
race model
pro model
stock model
and maybe a budget model for us guys without all the cash

dont just sell shit bikes
get good ones sell them cheap to start off with and then when people start realising how good they are u can up the price
but definantely make sure u get something appealing

also can i say
uve been a customer befor so u know what its like when u get let down
trust me QUALITY,CUSTOMER SERVICE AND REPUTATION mean alot to a customer
look at the rep mso has because of these customer service and quality
establish a friendship with the customers and they will keep coming back

well. here's a change in plan ... an actual importer asking the ppl who ride them what they want ......brilliant plan

looking forward to reading some posts here and see what we all want
with most of the ppl who sell these imports i think you'll find it easy if you get of to the start and parth your on ...no good importing what u think is good as you wont be buying it ...best to get what the customer base wants

cheers

Hey mate,
Good idea asking the people that ride them.
As people said it, half of how well you'll do is customer service..
One main reason i went mso over pitpro is the customer service (and the bike of course) but they will help you with problems, after the warranty is gone if something happens they will still give advice etc.
I'd go for:
USD adjustable forks (possible fastace or DNM)
Shock either a fastace 66r with pittyback or DNM shock
Either cromo frame (cheap but still okay) or twin spar ALLOY frame (looks insane and light)
Try getting a model with tri and mono swingarm, and try models with 12/12 wheels and 14/12 etc.
if you have a wide varety you're more likely to make sales..
And as somebody said, make a pro, expert, 125 model etc.
Oh yeh, and get jialing/gpx for sure on your 125 and on a 140 try getting the 56 model lifan rather than 55 as it has a stronger kickstart gear etc. but the 55 is still good.
Hope this helps you.
Cheers, Pascal.

Dude , if you have already started to import, then why bother asking the people?

You should have carried out your research before you started, that way you would already know what they want, and wouldn't be stuck with bikes that people wont buy.

Further, if you are asking the people about "What they want", then you are sending a clear message that you have "No Idea", please! do you even ride or have a bike!

But despite my comments, i will give you some sound business advice, this industry is cut throat!, at home and abroad, be prepared for a lot of "back-dooring" Good Luck!

Hey guys didnt think this topic would really take off, but you guys have made a start, which i really appreciate. And NRG, I havent started importing yet, as im quite sure i said 'shortly'. And to your other questions, yes I do ride, raced thumper-nats for 3 years on a heavily mod'd KLX-250, (bored out to around 292cc from memory). That engine ended up in Jai Harveys Nationals winning KX.Currently i ride a 1991 GSX-R750RR (the superbike special edition) and a CRF450. Without this previous experience i wouldnt see the point in entering this industry. I was merely asking what you all would look for next time you want to buy a new pitty. I know what i want, but i figured because this country has such a variety of differing landscapes, that it'd be pointless to import what i reckon is killer, only to find out that you guys prefer a different shock set-up, or a different brand of engine, etc. Sorry if the first msg was a bit arse about. Hope this clears it up a little better.

And I will be offering 3 models to start with, the standard, the pro, and an expert. With a race-version, and the 26hp 250 to come. Incedently that 250 is mounted into a chassis/bike build thats little more than 10mm eachway bigger than a pitbike (not like the bigger Atomic/Hummer bikes).

Keep the posting up guys, i really want to offer the best bikes i possibly can. thanks.

PS; i can get ahold of a genuine KLX/BBR style Genuine bike for you if you want mjc85, but i doubt the price would be very attractive....

this is the best idea from a seller so far heres my opinon

something reasonable reliable
good power
comes stock with fast ace rear shock
and half decent forks
better tires such as kenda carlsbad
strong frame
spare parts always available
and great customer service

if i seen a bike with all that and it was a a decent price it would be mine
thats just my 2 cents worth guys

any way matte good idea asking riders good luck hope all goes well for u

Last edited:
and yeh pics of the ones u are looking at imported would be great so we can tell u wat we think of them and if we would buy them

this is the best idea from a seller so far heres my opinon

sumthing resonably reliabe
abit of power
cums stock with fast as rear shock
and a half decent forks
better tires such as kenda carlsbad
strong frame
spare parts always available
and great customer service
What does reliabe mean?
What is fast as?
Cums( as on you face?)
Half decent as opposed to full decent?
Who are you to comment on anything motorbike related. REALLY:confused:
You are related to SIDNEY arent you. Twin sister i bet

Pictures, we need pictures and specs of what you intend to offer so we can say yes or no.every one can offer advice but it sounds like you already know what bikes your gonna sell, so give some more details and let us give opinions based on actual facts

here the 411:
-decent japanese/german bearings throught
-soft grip not hard plastic shit
-lower use of poor quailty cast alloy parts
-12/12 wheel size is very common which alot of people prefer
-japanese chain. no fake kmc crap
-high tensile bolts
-decent nylon chain roller/slider
-high tensile axles (15mm)
-decent split pins as the always break and fall off
-decent airfilter
-24-26mm carby (genuine brands)
-quality bars
-adjustable forks (conventional or usd)
-storng A frame/ mono swingarm
- DECENT WELDS throught
-brand name shock no crap (dnm, fastace)
-built properly with everything lubricated not thrown together dry
-gripper seat cover (not vinyl)
-thread lock nuts and washers used when assembled
-MADE IN AUS
-billet hubs
-stainless steel spokes and nipples
-rear rim lock as standard
-decent rubber (kenda tyres at the lest)
-billet triple clamps (cast shit normally)
-chromolly cradle frame or maybe even billet with no welds

here the 411:
-decent japanese/german bearings throught
-soft grip not hard plastic shit
-lower use of poor quailty cast alloy parts
-12/12 wheel size is very common which alot of people prefer
-japanese chain. no fake kmc crap
-high tensile bolts
-decent nylon chain roller/slider
-high tensile axles (15mm)
-decent split pins as the always break and fall off
-decent airfilter
-24-26mm carby (genuine brands)
-quality bars
-adjustable forks (conventional or usd)
-storng A frame/ mono swingarm
- DECENT WELDS throught
-brand name shock no crap (dnm, fastace)
-built properly with everything lubricated not thrown together dry
-gripper seat cover (not vinyl)
-thread lock nuts and washers used when assembled
-MADE IN AUS
-billet hubs
-stainless steel spokes and nipples
-rear rim lock as standard
-decent rubber (kenda tyres at the lest)
-billet triple clamps (cast shit normally)
-chromolly cradle frame or maybe even billet with no welds
It cant be made in australia, he said he importing.

What does reliabe mean?
What is fast as?
Cums( as on you face?)
Half decent as opposed to full decent?
Who are you to comment on anything motorbike related. REALLY:confused:
You are related to SIDNEY arent you. Twin sister i bet

yer sorry guys i was rushing that as i was going some where any way uno what i ment

Last edited:
the way i see it mate is you will import a bike to a price range
like "50s BRotherhood #1"s bike sounded grate !! but i wouldn't pay what it would cost.
Personally i think what would be grate and give you the ability to step away from all the other sellers (would mean more work for you tho) is to allow people to choose the spec on some of the parts themselves. So like offer the frame + motor + plastics setup, then they get to choose what forks, shock, wheels, ect ect. Obviously you would have to have a "off the shelf" setup for those that could not be arsed.
The reason i would suggest this is because you can either offer 100 different models or do what i suggested to cover the biggest section of the market.

For example lets say i wanted a minimotard. In the normal package you buy you would want to replace brakes, wheels, maybe upgrade suspension. So instead of buying a off the shelf setup then having to buy all the other gear you could select what "base" you wanted and pick the minimotard wheels, 6 piston brake setup, good fastace/ dnm / whatever shock and whatever forks. This would allow people to customize there bikes without having to throw away parts they got that they don't want.

Use my idea or not but it would be a way to stand out from the rest and if i was doing it that would be the way i would go.

i like where spoon is coming from.
maybe have a few different style base models and then have a list of options which they can choose from to suit there style of riding.

like personally i would want
bigger style frame (klx)
lifan 140 (1P56FMJ)
keihin carbie (or OKO replica would do)
front forks on my pitpro xr140 seem fine so something like them
decent fastace or dnm rear
pro taper bars with pro taper grips
billet hubs with stainless spokes 14" front, 12" rear
+ second set of wheels, billet hubs, stainless spokes, 12 x 2.15" motard rims
6 piston (4 front, 2 rear) brake setup
billet rear brake lever
billet foot pegs

but someone else may want something completely different. So if you give people the option and then they don't have to pay for parts they don't want.

Latest posts

Back